Need Suggestions : Want to host a wiki site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Suggestions : Want to host a wiki site

Please help me to pick a web hosting plan for my site on which will I will be installing "mediawiki software". Following are my requirements:

1) Apache: Scripting is required to service the local access or access via the command line

2) PHP - latest version, MySQL - latest version

3) Ability to create. Htaccess, FTP, Perl and require Shell Access

4) Disk space 1 GB

Payment via the Internet (Credit Card).

Plan upto 15-18 only.

Hi Nikky,

Welcome to the forum.

You can host your mediawiki site on one of cPanel Hosting plans as well as a VPS.

The only consideration here would be shell access. With shared hosting, we offer jailed shell access which is enabled only on few of our servers. In case of a VPS, you will get root SSH access to your part of the server. So if jailed shell access will work for you, then you can start off with a cPanel Hosting plan like Silver or Gold.

Please view our cPanel Hosting plans at Affordable Linux - cPanel Web Hosting services only at eUKhost Ltd.

and Virtual Private Servers at Linux VPS Web Hosting Services in UK Only at eUKhost

You can pay online using your credit card. About your budget, you have only mentioned 15-18, I am sure whether that is a monthly budget or annual budget.
    Wordpress Hosting - Your Adventure, Your Story!
    Website Security Bundle - Great Value Security Solutions in value-for-money package!
    Follow eUKhost on Twitter || Join eUKhost Community on Facebook

Comment

need help on installng a joomla website on helm2.1.18

can i get assistance on the loading of a joomla website on helm 2.1.18 webhosting control system

Comment

Thanks for your help Ryan. I will get in touch with you once I have my list of requirements. BTW, is jailed shell access different from the root shell access?

Comment

There is only one difference between jailed shell and root shell access, that jailed shell is to offer the user limited and defined bound environment in which they can carry out any actions they want, whereas, root shell access doesn't have any restrictions over the functioning and performing actions using shell.

Comment

Is it possible to enable and disable the shell access on both the plans, cpanel hosting as well as Linux VPS Hosting?

Comment

Most web hosting providers do not offer jailed shell access as default feature with their cPanel hosting packages. You must check this with the hosting company before signing up with them. Though it is possible to enable or disable the jailed shell access from from the hosting providers end. While, with a VPS you get shell access as a default feature.

Comment

We do not offer jailed shell access on all of our shared servers so if you do not require it, we can setup your account on one of our shared servers on which access is disabled.

As far as a VPS is concerned, shell access is a default feature on it.
                Wordpress Hosting - Your Adventure, Your Story!
                Website Security Bundle - Great Value Security Solutions in value-for-money package!
                Follow eUKhost on Twitter || Join eUKhost Community on Facebook

Comment

Working...
                X