Web Hosting Reseller

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Web Hosting Reseller

I own a dedicated server account, however there is enough reserved space which I am not using currently. I have consulted with my hosting provider and they had given me permission to resell the web space. I am looking forward to use the reserved space to offer reseller hosting packages. Do you have any tips on reseller hosting ?

In order to get tips and opinions from members, you will have to let us know exactly what do you have to offer customers ? For example: what kind of web hosting plan you currently have ? Which control panel you are going to offer ? Same way there are many other things you need to consider by yourself. Secondly, before taking any decision you need to consider the disadvantages as well. Will you be able to offer 24x7 customer support to your clients.

Are you getting, what I am trying to say ? If you are interested, certainly do it. If you really want to build a reseller web hosting business, sure you go ahead. Once you sell the space you won't be able to remove those accounts. If you are prepared for such things then you should go ahead otherwise don't waste your time.

Comment

Originally posted by RogKacher:84654
      I own a dedicated server account, however there is enough reserved space which I am not using currently. I have consulted with my hosting provider and they had given me permission to resell the web space. I am looking forward to use the reserved space to offer reseller hosting packages. Do you have any tips on reseller hosting ?
      Don't wastie ya time in reseller hosting its **** as there a lot of place's do it even i do it and don't make much

Comment

Thank you for the suggestion jlmhostin. What would you say about the Affiliate Programs ? Isn't it one of the better sources for earning online then ?

Comment

Re:

There are many advantages of reseller hosting and we shall jot down a few here. Firstly there are noteworthy benefits over both short and long term for the reseller.
          Best Hosting Companies | Top Ten Web Hosting
          Web Hosting News & Comparison Tool

Comment

No mare I had it on me website for over a year and not earned a penny I also have it in emails and still nothing

Comment

It clearly indicates that the efforts taken aren't at par to the actual requirements. I know a couple of resellers who are earning handsomely. You might want to put efforts in Social Networking and marketing your site their. Moreover, start/increase your participation in forums and discussions where you would find prospective clients for example : when you are reselling hosting services, you can achieve a better conversion ratio at places such as web designing and development forums, seo forums and forums that are technology oriented. Join couple of pre-established groups in few of the reputed social networking sites.

Comment

yes exactly, i completely agree with Matt. The best reseller programs will help you make more profit if you decide to become a reseller of web hosting services. so you just need to move in the right direction as Matt explained a little about it.
                Crazy for Reliable host

Comment

Originally posted by MattBarthorp View Post
                  It clearly indicates that the efforts taken aren't at par to the actual requirements. I know a couple of resellers who are earning handsomely. You might want to put efforts in Social Networking and marketing your site their. Moreover, start/increase your participation in forums and discussions where you would find prospective clients for example : when you are reselling hosting services, you can achieve a better conversion ratio at places such as web designing and development forums, Search Engine Optimization forums and forums that are technology oriented. Join couple of pre-established groups in few of the reputed social networking sites.
                  Very good tips! It is just incredible what you can do when you use all of your resources. Word can spread like wildfire when you start a few flames in the right places.

Comment

Starting a Hosting company and expecting customers to join is just like planting a tree and expecting fruits from it. You can never get instant success in hosting business. it takes at least few years and many people quit instead of going through that painful phase of survival.

Proper Sales and Marketing strategy is what you need to become successful in hosting business. Don't focus on online sales and marketing methods only. you should start communicating with large potential customers in your town and county. Meeting customers face to face and convincing them about your expertise in service can help you earn that money, which you don't get from your online hosting business initially.

Learn from experience of others, no matter if it is success or failure, there's always something to learn from others in similar business.

Our growth in last 12 months has been mainly due to the large customers whom we have approached after learning their needs from various sources. We choose our customers and spend enough time to learn their organization structure and needs. If we focus on online sales and expect customers to join then we will hardly manage to achieve 25 - 30% growth. We have to focus on other offline sources to continue our 100% growth record.

Referral/Affiliate Business is another way to grow once you build a good customer base, but that works only once you have built a big hosting company, Referral/Affiliate business is not enough successful in early phase of your business.
                    eUKhost - eNlight Cloud Hosting || eUKhost Knowledgebase
                    Toll Free : 0808 262 0255 || Skype : mark_ducadi

Comment

Working...
                    X