Changing the dedicated server

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing the dedicated server

Would changing a dedicated server cause issues or it will benefit in some way ? I am looking forward to change my dedicated server and its location, but it will be in the same country. Some of my friends told me that it may bring some issues, in terms of traffic visitors might get reduced, while some mentioned that it will benefit you. What do you think changing of a dedicated server and its location will do ?

Originally posted by LinSys View Post
    Would changing a dedicated server cause issues or it will benefit in some way ? I am looking forward to change my dedicated server and its location, but it will be in the same country. Some of my friends told me that it may bring some issues, in terms of traffic visitors might get reduced, while some mentioned that it will benefit you. What do you think changing of a dedicated server and its location will do ?
    Changing to a different dedicated server will result into change of entire hardware parts, which will definitely cause downtime to the sites & services hosted on it, but also take the new hardware into consideration, it'd perform better & would be new to it's kind improving performance of disks & CPUs/Mem... When the location comes into focus, changing it will definitely result into IP address being changed, which would be a problem the DNS & the time taken for it's propagation.. other than this there's nothing more importantly left to be added.. traffic & visitors will remain the same, inspite they might increase too, fingers crossed on this one..
    Rock _a.k.a._ Jack Daniel

Follow eUKhost on Twitter || Join eUKhost Community on Facebook

Comment

You should inform your visitors in advance about the server downtime, mentioning the period of time when the site is unavailable. I find it very unprofessional when sites are down for hours and then, when they get back up, the admin is incensed of having received tens of e-mails questioning the downtime.

Comment

Originally posted by HostSeeker View Post
        You should inform your visitors in advance about the server downtime, mentioning the period of time when the site is unavailable. I find it very unprofessional when sites are down for hours and then, when they get back up, the admin is incensed of having received tens of e-mails questioning the downtime.
        I second that.. pre-informing customers/visitors of any scheduled downtime is always appreciated by them as well
        Rock _a.k.a._ Jack Daniel

Follow eUKhost on Twitter || Join eUKhost Community on Facebook

Comment

Working...
        X