What do you look for in a host?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you look for in a host?

It'd be interesting to see what fellow members would be looking for in a web hosting company -besides the standards (reliable support, great uptime etc...).

The most important things for a hosting company, in my opinion, are customer support, price and reputation. Once the company has proven itself to have excellent customer support, it has almost won me as a client. To differentiate between more companies who offer the same quality of customer support, my second criterion is price. I don't want to pay more than necessary. However, there's also no pint having the cheapest solution on the planet if everyone thinks the service is terrible or if system uptime is low, so reputation comes third.

Comment

Two things that IMO. which must be found is a host is reliability and support. Uptime and money-back guarantee is offered by almost every hosting provider these days, its the quality support that makes one hosting provider seem different than the other. It can encourage oneself to either sign-up or move away. Even if I tend to sign-up with a host who tends to make false claims of offering prompt support, I definitely wouldn't be hosting my website's with them for too long.

Comment

Transparancy and communication. When something goes wrong (which it always will eventually), I want to know what's going on and what's being done to fix it.
        Jonathan Crass
        Joint Partner in Checker Design
        Joint Partner in Jst Hosting

Comment

What should be important for customers, if web host value their business and provide stable servers not oversell, the availability of user friendly customer support (but customer should also act use friendly ), a fair price and professionalism of web host and his team. Also web host should remain honest and able to offer something new that no one else offer (what that is who knows )

Comment

I think every time I am asked this question I could come up with a different answer.

Resources - What they have to offer me in terms of of the package.
            Transparency - Do yo u know what you got. IE is it a Unlimited account which is obviously not going to be unlimited. You have to know exactly what you have so you can build your website around that then upgrade if needed.
            Support - Support has to be there support there 24/7 that is knowledeable.

I am just a voluntary moderator here, I do not speak for eUKhost officially!

Comment

I think as more and more are aware of what truly makes a good host, sometimes our thoughts are shifted. That could be why you get the answers you do Brian. For me its still all about price, the needs I have, what they can offer and support.
              I took a long vacation but I'm back!

Comment

Please Anyone explain me about hosting...

Comment

Originally posted by terminator View Post
                  Please Anyone explain me about hosting...
                  I believe you'd understood the concept of hosting as stated here : http://www.eukhost.com/forums/f26/ho...493/#post92500

Can you please specify what you haven't understood ?
                  | |
                  Best Paying offered by Eukhost Ltd.

Comment

I wanna know about from basics of hosting...

Comment

Well I suggest you to visit our blog and knowledgebase for that purpose, please refer the following links :
                      | |
                      Best Paying offered by Eukhost Ltd.

Comment

Is Cloud foundry and Hosting both same??

Comment

Support and price. I'm sick of waiting and waiting for online support to help me.

Comment

Cloud foundry is based on Platform as a service (PaaS) which means you get a platform to develop your own application whereas Hosting is based on Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) where you get Infrastructure like space, RAM to host your website. Cloud foundry is still in the beta phase and VMware is still adding many features in it.

Originally posted by reimo41 View Post
                            Support and price. I'm sick of waiting and waiting for online support to help me.
                            Support is the most important thing which you should look for in a Hosting provider rather than price. Some users/newbies do not realize the importance of support initially and get attracted towards cheap or free hosts thinking that they have found the best deal which saves a good amount of money. Such hosts cannot be considered as reliable and users lately realize the same when they come across any Technical issue. This might result in huge economical losses as well.

So its always recommended to look for a Hosting providers who offers Quality support rather than going with Cheap one and finding yourself in a mess later.

Comment

Cloud hosting is a type of hosting service which will allow you to make your website available on the World Wide Web. Cloud hosting plans or server will give you some space on a Web server which is located in our datacenter and you will be able to host the files of your websites on that server. To know more about Cloud hosting, you can refer the following links:

Cloud Web Hosting QAs

Cloud Hosting FAQs

Originally posted by reimo41 View Post
                              Live chat support is available 24x7 and hence you shouldn't face any problem to get the pricing and details of the desired hosting plan or server. You can initiate a live chat session and choose the Sales Department.

Comment

Working...
                              X