Bad clients

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad clients

How are people dealing with bad clients? We always hear the client is never wrong but what happens when they are? I have sat for over an hour in live support now with someone who swears up and down that he is not using the resources that we (and logs) very much show that he is, he does not seem to get it or that he can not just use his website as a reseller without a reseller plan.
    I took a long vacation but I'm back!

Originally posted by cranzi View Post
    How are people dealing with bad clients? We always hear the client is never wrong but what happens when they are? I have sat for over an hour in live support now with someone who swears up and down that he is not using the resources that we (and logs) very much show that he is, he does not seem to get it or that he can not just use his website as a reseller without a reseller plan.
    The best possible way is to furnish all the logs you can & make him understand about the resource usages, even after if he fails to do so.. limit his resources or suspend his account so he knows that we aren't bantering anymore.. we do come across such clients, but when they are educated properly with the problem, they understand it & go for any appropriate solution we offer
    Rock _a.k.a._ Jack Daniel

Follow eUKhost on Twitter || Join eUKhost Community on Facebook

Comment

I guess to a point I am amazed at the things a client will say to get their own way. I am somewhat frustrating on this deal since it is also someone we have known as a client for a very long time, so it is somewhat double shocking.
      I took a long vacation but I'm back!

Comment

Originally posted by cranzi View Post
        I guess to a point I am amazed at the things a client will say to get their own way. I am somewhat frustrating on this deal since it is also someone we have known as a client for a very long time, so it is somewhat double shocking.
        Exactly, but that's the way it is. You can try to convince that customer of yours about the exact problem, if they've been with you for years, they'd understand that you aren't fobbing off at them.. but if he's adamant on whatever you say/convince.. go the way of suspension as suggested earlier by me.

After all a bull won't run to win into an F1 like a Ferrari Enzo or Merc McLaren would similarly neither would the latter beasts plow fields or pull wagons! Each one of them have their own importance & so does it happens with servers.. you can't let a 2GB RAM server run into as if like a 16GB one & a single core with Dual Quad core ones likewise..
        Rock _a.k.a._ Jack Daniel

Follow eUKhost on Twitter || Join eUKhost Community on Facebook

Comment

I've always thought you have to be very patient with stubborn clients. Some of them are beginners in the web developing area and react contumaciously because they lack the knowledge and are surprised by the fact that a web hosting package actually has its limits. If properly instructed, they should generally to get the picture...

Comment

Yeah, I also think that some users (especially the beginners) need to be educated more about how things work. They may just happen to install bad scripts which allow spammers to eat up the available bandwidth.

Comment

Working...
            X