Suspended accounts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suspended accounts

My friend's website (hosted on another provider) just got spam attacks without being aware of it, and it seemed to eat up his available bandwidth. His account get suspended without any warning before. I am sure is it not a common procedure when it comes to suspending a user's account, is it?

Hi Allegro,

If all the bandwidth allocated to the account is used then yes the account will automatically be suspended by WHM.

Comment

I think so. You are responsible for maintaining security on your website, that is why it is important to have appropriate security measures in place, especially if you accept content from outside contributors.

Comment

Originally posted by Allegro View Post
        My friend's website (hosted on another provider) just got spam attacks without being aware of it, and it seemed to eat up his available bandwidth. His account get suspended without any warning before. I am sure is it not a common procedure when it comes to suspending a user's account, is it?
        Most of the reputed web hosting providers do inform the customers when the resource usage reaches 80% of the allocated values. This allows the customers to have a look at the account and take the necessary actions. This also allows them to upgrade the package if necessary.

You may ask your friend if s/he has received any such notification, if not then better to enquire with the host.

Comment

Working...
        X