Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Domain at 123Reg : Want to host website ONLY here on EUK

Hi folks,

I apologise in advance for asking a similar question to one I have already asked previously but this one is slightly different.

I have a domain at 123-Reg. I want to be able to host the website for that domain here on my EUK server. I don't want anything to do with the email addresses already set up for that domain at 123-Reg. Just the website.

Now, I gather if I change the name servers in the 123-Reg control panel to my EUK name servers that this will result in me having to deal with the website being hosted and the email, correct?.

So in that case, is it correct that I should just go into the 123-Reg control panel and change the A Record to point towards my EUK server IP address?. And that will result in all email dealings being left under the control of 123-Reg but allow me to host the actual website here at EUK?.

Also - Within the 123-Reg control panel there are the following options for changing A Records :-

Which one do I adjust and change the IP address of?. The www A or the @ A?.

Many thanks in advance for any assistance. :smile:

Pollock Ross | Highland & Hill Associates | Our Disney Holiday Villa | Smart First Aid Training

You need to change A record of the domain name if you wish to host the website on our server and keep mails with 123-Reg.

You need to change the IP of both A entries i.e www A and @ A. I have PM'ed you the IP (A record) of our viking.eukhost server on which your current account is setup. Please check and confirm if you have received the PM.

Comment

Many thanks Rossie, I got your PM. Will go and try that out just now over on 123-Reg and post back with the outcome.

Ta.

Pollock Ross | Highland & Hill Associates | Our Disney Holiday Villa | Smart First Aid Training

Comment

Hi folks,

Domain appears to be resolving from the EUK server now and I've uploaded a holding page to it which is displaying fine.

However!!! - I'm having a strange issue sending emails to the email address listed on the holding page. If I send an email from ANY email address from a domain hosted here at EUK I get a Mail Delivery System <[email protected]> error pinged back at me.

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

[email protected] ( I've not posted the actual email address here, obviously )
        No Such User Here

No idea what the issue is as the email address in question that I'm trying to send to is definitely there. I have emailed it from 4 other non EUK hosted email accounts and it works fine. It is only when I attempt to email from an EUK hosted account to the domain that I've changed the A Records for that it gives me this error.

Also, if I log into the email address I'm trying to send to via a third party webmail service such as Mail2Web, and attempt to send an email to any EUK hosted domain of mine it gives me this message :-

Error : Error in sending message
        An error was reported in response to a recipient address. The SMTP server may refuse to handle mail for unknown recipients.

Worth pointing out that before I changed the A Records earlier as advised above, I could send and receive email to the address on 123Reg with no issues at all. I'm stumped and a bit concerned as to how I fix this.

I can PM one of the support staff ( Rossie perhaps? ) the details of the actual email addresses that are causing the issues but obviously would rather not post them on the forums in public.

Comment

Hello Gary,

Allow me some time to check and come up with a update.

Comment

You have updated the nameservers as well along with A records for xxlogic.com. Now your emails would also function from our server and as the email account from which you are sending the emails is not created on our server, so you are getting the error which you mentioned.

To get it working again, please change the nameservers back to the once you used before and keep the A record as it is.

Comment

Hi Rossie,

What nameservers are you referring to?. I haven't changed anything in relation to any EUK domains or settings including my gwlogic ones. The only thing I've changed this afternoon is the A Records on the 123 Reg control panel for the domain registered there. Here is a screenshot of the 123 Reg control panel A record settings as they are just now :-

The MX records on 123 Reg are still the same as they were. And the email account on 123 Reg is working from there as I've tested it by sending and receiving from various other email addresses such as gmail, Yahoo, AOL and O2.

The issue arises when I attempt to email the email address for the domain on 123 Reg with any of my EUK domain emails. My gwlogic domains are still showing here on EUK as pointing to their correct respective nameservers, those being ns25.eukdns.com and ns26.eukdns.com.

Comment

Getting late folks, will check back tomorrow for an update, hopefully.

Comment

Ok, update - Outlook is still throwing up the Mail Delivery Failed message as outlined above if I attempt to send an email from my EUK hosted email address to the email address that 123 Reg are supposed to be hosting.

However, if I open up something like Mail2Web and log into my EUK hosted email address and attempt to email the 123 Reg hosted email address, it will send fine. The issue then arises at the other end if you then try and reply to that sent email ( reply from the 123 Reg email address ) wherupon it will throw up as posted previously, the error :-

Error : Error in sending message
                  An error was reported in response to a recipient address. The SMTP server may refuse to handle mail for unknown recipients.

Again, if I email the 123 Reg address from any other email address at all such as Yahoo, Gmail, O2, AOL, Hotmail etc, everything works fine so it follows that there must be some issue between the change I made to the A Record yesterday and my own email mailboxes here at EUK on Viking. I just can't understand it!!. :frown:

Comment

Hi Folks,

I intend raising a support ticket regarding this issue but it's much easier to explain here on the forums. Rossie, if you could elaborate further on your last post made yesterday I would appreciate it. Could really do with a resolution on this one before Monday as the person who owns the domain at 123 Reg is raising concerns over their email not functioning correctly between themselves and my email address.

Unfortunately it's approaching the stage where I'm considering just changing the A Records on 123 Reg back to the original ones and ditching the holding page I have up for the domain until we can work out what is causing this. I'm quite happy to pass on login details via private message of the 123 Reg account in question to a member of EUK staff or forum team in order for them to check things out in there if required.

Comment

Hi Ross,

One of our staff member has replied to your ticket XXO-226-15733 with solution. please check and let us know if you need any further assistance.
                      eUKhost - eNlight Cloud Hosting || eUKhost Knowledgebase
                      Toll Free : 0808 262 0255 || Skype : mark_ducadi

Comment

Hello Gary,

I have updated ticket XXO-226-15733 placed by you.
                        Kindly update the ticket with the required details.

Regards,
                        Ambrose S

Comment

Hi Ambrose, I have sent the details you requested within the support ticket.

Comment

Issue now resolved thanks to great customer support from EUK again.

For anyone with similar problems in the future, what happens when you change the A Record of a domain with another registrant so it points to your EUK server IP and add an addon domain for that domain from cPanel is that cPanel by default, drops the addon domain into the local domains file. It needs to go into the remote domains file though as the domain needs to use an external server for emails ( in my case anyway, as I only wanted to host the website and not the email accounts ). This needs to be done by EUK support as they need to configure the settings on your behalf.

All working fine now folks, many thanks once again. :smile:

Comment

Originally posted by RSVEcosse View Post
                              Issue now resolved thanks to great customer support from EUK again.

For anyone with similar problems in the future, what happens when you change the A Record of a domain with another registrant so it points to your EUK server IP and add an addon domain for that domain from cPanel is that cPanel by default, drops the addon domain into the local domains file. It needs to go into the remote domains file though as the domain needs to use an external server for emails ( in my case anyway, as I only wanted to host the website and not the email accounts ). This needs to be done by EUK support as they need to configure the settings on your behalf.

All working fine now folks, many thanks once again. :smile:
                              Thanks for the appreciation
                              eUKhost - eNlight Cloud Hosting || eUKhost Knowledgebase
                              Toll Free : 0808 262 0255 || Skype : mark_ducadi

Comment

Working...
                              X