Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DPS Computing
    replied
    Thank you for the update Gary . I am sure it will be useful to other customers .

Leave a comment:

• RSVEcosse
    replied
    No worries David. Slight addendum to my original resolution which I forgot to mention. You can actually carry out the required changes within your own cPanel without EUK Support having to do it.

In cPanel and click on MX Entry option from the Mail section. Then choose your domain for which you wish to run emails from remote server and then select an option as Remote Mail Exchange from Email Routing section. Then click on change.

Leave a comment:

• DPS Computing
    replied
    Glad to see you got it all sorted. And thanks for the explanation Gary .

Leave a comment:

• Kieran
    replied
    Originally posted by RSVEcosse View Post
    Thanks for a very quick response, Mark and Kieran. Excellent as always.

You're most welcome

Leave a comment:

• RSVEcosse
    replied
    Thanks for a very quick response, Mark and Kieran. Excellent as always.

Leave a comment:

• Kieran
    replied
    Hi ..

I have sent you a PM. Please check it once

Leave a comment:

• RSVEcosse
    replied
    Excellent, many thanks, Mark.

Leave a comment:

• eUKhost.com
    replied
    Hi Gary,

I've asked Alex to assign someone senior from his team to assist you. You should get a PM from one of our staff members.

Leave a comment:

• RSVEcosse
    replied
    Hi guys,

Exactly as the above, I need to do this for another domain hosted at 123Reg, so I can host the website here on my server but keep the email at 123Reg, just like before. If I change the "A" records as I did with the one above could someone do the honours at EUK's end and make the changes when I do the addon domain so that it ends up in the remote domains folder and not the local domains one?. I'll raise a support ticket for this with the details concerning the domain at 123Reg and I can PM a member of the staff here with the same details if that helps keep a check on how it is progressing?.

Many thanks again.

Leave a comment:

• eUKhost.com
    replied
    Originally posted by RSVEcosse View Post
    Issue now resolved thanks to great customer support from EUK again.

For anyone with similar problems in the future, what happens when you change the A Record of a domain with another registrant so it points to your EUK server IP and add an addon domain for that domain from cPanel is that cPanel by default, drops the addon domain into the local domains file. It needs to go into the remote domains file though as the domain needs to use an external server for emails ( in my case anyway, as I only wanted to host the website and not the email accounts ). This needs to be done by EUK support as they need to configure the settings on your behalf.

All working fine now folks, many thanks once again. :smile:
    Thanks for the appreciation

Leave a comment:

• RSVEcosse
    replied
    Issue now resolved thanks to great customer support from EUK again.

For anyone with similar problems in the future, what happens when you change the A Record of a domain with another registrant so it points to your EUK server IP and add an addon domain for that domain from cPanel is that cPanel by default, drops the addon domain into the local domains file. It needs to go into the remote domains file though as the domain needs to use an external server for emails ( in my case anyway, as I only wanted to host the website and not the email accounts ). This needs to be done by EUK support as they need to configure the settings on your behalf.

All working fine now folks, many thanks once again. :smile:

Leave a comment:

• RSVEcosse
    replied
    Hi Ambrose, I have sent the details you requested within the support ticket.

Leave a comment:

• Ambrose
    replied
    Hello Gary,

I have updated ticket XXO-226-15733 placed by you.
    Kindly update the ticket with the required details.

Regards,
    Ambrose S

Leave a comment:

• eUKhost.com
    replied
    Hi Ross,

One of our staff member has replied to your ticket XXO-226-15733 with solution. please check and let us know if you need any further assistance.

Leave a comment:

• RSVEcosse
    replied
    Hi Folks,

I intend raising a support ticket regarding this issue but it's much easier to explain here on the forums. Rossie, if you could elaborate further on your last post made yesterday I would appreciate it. Could really do with a resolution on this one before Monday as the person who owns the domain at 123 Reg is raising concerns over their email not functioning correctly between themselves and my email address.

Unfortunately it's approaching the stage where I'm considering just changing the A Records on 123 Reg back to the original ones and ditching the holding page I have up for the domain until we can work out what is causing this. I'm quite happy to pass on login details via private message of the 123 Reg account in question to a member of EUK staff or forum team in order for them to check things out in there if required.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X