Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you use the e-mail 'web clients' within cPanel much?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you use the e-mail 'web clients' within cPanel much?

So the main three options available are Horde, RoundCube and SquirrelMail, and they aren't very good compared to what we expect from a web mail client interface - such as Gmail or Hotmail. So, question: do you use the e-mail web clients or only in situations where you can't access your mail from home using your desktop email client, etc? Or do you primarily only use free e-mail providers, such as Gmail, Hotmail or Yahoo! Mail? If anyone knows of any other web mail apps out there to replace these please do let me know .

I personally only use the dedicated mail client when I am out and about. And even then, I have to access my smartphone in order to get my e-mail account password because I have everything securely saved using KeePass (a password database application) and I have my smartphone mail client set up already, so I don't use it too often at all.

What about you?

Only use them if I absolutely have to (which is not often now!).

If I do though its usually Horde or Squirrel - never really took to RoundCube .
    David Smith
    Managing Director
    DPS Computing Limited

- Massive update! (September 2011) - It's now not neglected!!
    - New Site (10/2009)

Comment

I have all my mail with euk in one Cpanel so I check /webmail/ when at work a lot. Its much easier to use the root login and browse all email accounts at once. Unless that is, you have to reply to an email in which you have to logout and sign back in again to that particular account :P

Aside from that I use pop3

I am just a voluntary moderator here, I do not speak for eUKhost officially!

Comment

Yeah pop3 all the way .
        David Smith
        Managing Director
        DPS Computing Limited

- New Site (10/2009)

Comment

I religiously use GMail these days for my personal email (albeit with my own domain) and then the Mail app on iPhone. Never really write emails on the phone though, more for checking, and keep the writing to the computer.

Comment

Originally posted by flesso View Post
            I religiously use GMail these days for my personal email (albeit with my own domain) and then the Mail app on iPhone. Never really write emails on the phone though, more for checking, and keep the writing to the computer.
            I'm the same as you with regards to mail apps on phone. I check on my phone so that I don't have to login to the computer unless I have an email that I want to reply to.

I'm happy to read e-mails using my phone but its all too frustrating to reply to them on my phone (as I can type very fast on computers haha - it's all about time! ).
            David Smith
            Managing Director
            DPS Computing Limited

- New Site (10/2009)

Comment

Originally posted by DPS Computing View Post
              Yeah pop3 all the way .
              Yep, mostly POP3!!

As I grew up on Windows, Outlook for work emails n the gud ol' BB for quick mail-check!!
              ______

Toll Free : 0808 262 0255

Comment

Ahhhh outlook! I loved that program, I would still be using it now on W7 if it wasnt for that Live Mail BS that Microshaft things is good for some reason. Thunderbird all the way now!

I am just a voluntary moderator here, I do not speak for eUKhost officially!

Comment

Originally posted by Brian View Post
                  Ahhhh outlook! I loved that program, I would still be using it now on W7 if it wasnt for that Live Mail BS that Microshaft things is good for some reason. Thunderbird all the way now!
                  lol Microshaft .

Comment

Lol, yeah I gotta say even though I've fallen out with Firefox, Thunderbird is still the best mail client .
                    David Smith
                    Managing Director
                    DPS Computing Limited

- New Site (10/2009)

Comment

Well, this is the case with cPanel but, what about Plesk? A few days back I have read that MailEnable with Plesk & SmarterMail with DotNetPanel if offered. But, I guess AtMail is also a good plesk based web mail client. Why don't you guys provide AtMail with your shared servers?

Comment

I am quite happy with the interface offered by MailEnable. Both SmarterMail & the MailEnable are most popular and are widely used. Personally, i have hardly seen people recommending AtMail.
                        :hammering:

Comment

I shall have to have a play around with Plesk and its webmail clients. They can't be any worse than the cPanel ones roflmao .
                          David Smith
                          Managing Director
                          DPS Computing Limited

- New Site (10/2009)

Comment

POP 3 via Outlook, I think I've only used the webmail facilities on my domains here only a handful of times.

If I'm away from my own PC's and need to check my email I just log into Email Hosting Services | Pick Up Your Email | mail2web.com with my user name and password. So simple yet it's been a life saver more than once when I've been away from home.

Pollock Ross | Highland & Hill Associates | Our Disney Holiday Villa | Smart First Aid Training

Comment

Originally posted by RSVEcosse View Post
                              POP 3 via Outlook, I think I've only used the webmail facilities on my domains here only a handful of times.

If I'm away from my own PC's and need to check my email I just log into Email Hosting Services | Pick Up Your Email | mail2web.com with my user name and password. So simple yet it's been a life saver more than once when I've been away from home.
                              mail2web - I recognise the name for some reason. I'm sure I've used them in the past, although I can't remember now exactly for what . Are these the same people that used to provide custom free webmail accounts on domains such as mail2dan.com, mail2dave.com etc? .
                              David Smith
                              Managing Director
                              DPS Computing Limited

- New Site (10/2009)

Comment

Working...
                              X