PHP Pear Mail::

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PHP Pear Mail::

Some time back the PHP function mail() was disabled due to security issue.

Using an example of the appropriate code I modified a contact form on my website to use the Mail class, part of the Pear library.

That worked fine until the PHP on the website was upgraded and the contact for no longer work.

The really sad part is there is not thing that has really changed. The Mail class is missing static in several key places. There are examples of what you can do to get round this (that is hack the Pear::Mail library), fine if you have access to the source files. Not much help here.

Further investigation shows that Pear is aware of the problem and released a Mail2 fork of the Mail class that gets round this problem. Sadly though you can install Pear::Mail2 you can't install the 2 associated packages because these are considered beta releases and cPanel will not let you install them.

Does anyone else have a way to make the Pear Mail or Mail2 classes work or what other system might be available. I did find and article of SwiftMail which is free and claims to be PHP 5 compatible.

Thanks in advance BD

PS - I have raised a ticket for this but it is obviously not a common problem.

Hello,

Please PM me the primary email address of your account with us or you can also share the ID of ticket you have raised for this here. We will review and get back to you with an update shortly.
    Wordpress Hosting - Your Adventure, Your Story!
    Website Security Bundle - Great Value Security Solutions in value-for-money package!
    Follow eUKhost on Twitter || Join eUKhost Community on Facebook

Comment

Hi Ryan,

I'm guessing you don't need me to PM you as you seem to have managed to link to my main account but in case how do I PM you : /

Comment

Hi Ryan,

I'm guessing you don't need me to PM you as you seem to have managed to link to my main account but in case how do I PM you?

Comment

Thank you for sharing the account info via PM. I see that PHP mail function has been enabled for your account and the ongoing ticket has also been updated by one of our techs. Request you to verify and let us know if you may require any further assistance.
          Wordpress Hosting - Your Adventure, Your Story!
          Website Security Bundle - Great Value Security Solutions in value-for-money package!
          Follow eUKhost on Twitter || Join eUKhost Community on Facebook

Comment

I still like the idea of using SMTP authentication and would like to use the PHPMailer class for this. I have done some quick test but I do not seem to be able to find the right file to include for the PHPMailer class.

My current code starts:

Code:
            <?php

include_once 'class.phpmailer.php';

$mail = new PHPMailer;

Comment

ban-img
            Working...
            X