ID Protection not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ID Protection not working

Purchased a domain two years ago with ID Protection.

A year ago paid for ID Protection, renewal 17/03/2011, & was horrified to find on 02/05/2011 that this hadn't been applied & my personal name, address & phone number had been available in the intervening period.

This year renewed again, paid 19/03/2012, & today by chance found again that ID Protection hadn't been applied! Again all my personal details had been out there for almost 3 months.

As this relates to privacy & security issues & something that people like me think is important enough to pay for it is a serious problem.

Hello,

We're really sorry about this. I too have ID Protection on my domains so I can understand your concern and frustration that it hasn't been active in the last three months.

I've forwarded this onto a senior sales manager to have this sorted for you.

Kind regards,
    Ben Stones

Comment

Ben, thanks for replying, on both occasions I've got the ID protection applied by starting a live chat.

The reason for posting is that not only have I paid for something that I haven't got for about 5 months in total but this is presumably a more systemic problem.

As said, as it relates to privacy & security issues I think that most people who think that it is such an important matter that they choose to pay for it then it's really something that needs to be addressed at a system level rather than having people like me discover by accident some months later.

Comment

Hello mmanic,

Thank you for your response. I have just received a response from my colleague Ross:

Hello Ben,

I can only see ______ under his account which had ID protection enabled. Could you ask him the domain name he is asking about?

Regards,
        Ross
        Nonetheless, I'll forward this onto our sales manager to look into to see whether there is a systematic issue causing this.

Kind regards,
        Ben Stones.

Comment

Yes it was that domain although I'd appreciate it if you'd remove it from your post.

ID protection hadn't been applied until I noticed it earlier today & got it fixed via live chat.

Comment

Originally posted by mmanic View Post
            Yes it was that domain although I'd appreciate it if you'd remove it from your post.

ID protection hadn't been applied until I noticed it earlier today & got it fixed via live chat.
            Hello,

I'm very sorry about that - really not happy I didn't think about that. Amended the post. Please accept our sincere apologies regarding the Domain ID Protection issue. We understand how important it is for ID Protection for our customers who want it to work without failure with each renewal. I will request Ryan, one of our senior sales managers to look into this. I'll get back to you regarding this.

Kind regards,
            Ben Stones.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Stones View Post
              Hello,

I'm very sorry about that - really not happy I didn't think about that. Amended the post. Please accept our sincere apologies regarding the Domain ID Protection issue. We understand how important it is for ID Protection for our customers who want it to work without failure with each renewal. I will request Ryan, one of our senior sales managers to look into this. I'll get back to you regarding this.

Kind regards,
              Ben Stones.
              Hello,

A Billing Manager had confirmed it was an individual issue with your account and not a systematic issue, and had been rectified yesterday.

Kind regards,
              Ben Stones

Comment

Working...
              X