Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shared or VPS?

Hello friends,

I am looking to host the exam portal. It'll help to conduct the online exams.
    So, can anyone please suggest to me the hosting service for the same? I am a little bit confused between shared and VPS hosting services.

Hello Clara,

As per your requirements, I think VPS hosting is the right option for you.
    VPS hosting is capable to handle high traffic spikes and high resource availability. Shared hosting is also a good option but it comes with some limitations, so you don't get the required output.

Comment

Hey Clara,

Online exam portal website means it gets a huge amount of traffic. So, for these types of websites, VPS and Cloud hosting is the right option.
      These types of hosting services are capable to handle a huge amount of traffic spikes. Also, get a secured environment than shared hosting services. VPS hosting is a little bit expensive than shared hosting but in terms of reliability, VPS hosting is always best.

Comment

VPS is more expensive than shared hosting, but in return, you can get more flexibility within resource constraints, and get higher security and higher performance

Comment

Originally posted by fybros View Post
          VPS is more expensive than shared hosting, but in return, you can get more flexibility within resource constraints, and get higher security and higher performance
          Yes, you are right. VPS hosting is more secure and reliable than any other web hosting service.

Comment

It really depends on your needs. Shared hosting is less secure and you are using a host that so many other people may be using. But on the other hand there is VPS which is totally private and only belongs to you. I manage several sites and for the ones that matter I have bought the cheapest vps hosting. As a matter of fact I am really satisfied and I recommend you to have a look my friend.
            Last edited by victorvictories; 06-01-2021, 10:25.

Comment

For an online examination portal, I will suggest going to the VPS portal.
              For reliability and performance, I think you should go with VPS hosting services.
              VPS is a good and most suitable hosting services for high traffic websites.

Comment

Originally posted by Naheed View Post
                For an online examination portal, I will suggest going to the VPS portal.
                For reliability and performance, I think you should go with VPS hosting services.
                VPS is a good and most suitable hosting services for high traffic websites.
                Yes, you are right. This type of high traffic spikes and to handle this kind of scenario, VPS or Cloud is the right solution.

Comment

Originally posted by Clara Smith View Post
                  Hello friends,

I am looking to host the exam portal. It'll help to conduct the online exams.
                  So, can anyone please suggest to me the hosting service for the same? I am a little bit confused between shared and VPS hosting services.
                  If you plan to have a lot of traffic on your future site, then you'd better place it on the VPS hosting right away.

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron Martin View Post
                    Hey Clara,

Online exam portal website means it gets a huge amount of traffic. So, for these types of websites, VPS and Cloud hosting is the right option.
                    These types of hosting services are capable to handle a huge amount of traffic spikes. Also, get a secured environment than shared hosting services. VPS hosting is a little bit expensive than shared hosting but in terms of reliability, VPS hosting is always best.
                    I agree with you Aaron, VPS is the best option to host an online exam portal. VPS has the capability to handle traffic spikes as well as good security firewalls.

Comment

Originally posted by Emma Peterson View Post
                      Hello Clara,

As per your requirements, I think VPS hosting is the right option for you.
                      VPS hosting is capable to handle high traffic spikes and high resource availability. Shared hosting is also a good option but it comes with some limitations, so you don't get the required output.
                      Yes, thank you Emma and other too, for suggesting VPS for my exam portal.
                      But I have also heard about Cloud hosting service. What do you think about this. While searching about cloud, I get a lot of good features as well as point about cloud.

Comment

Originally posted by Clara Smith View Post

Yes, thank you Emma and other too, for suggesting VPS for my exam portal.
                        But I have also heard about Cloud hosting service. What do you think about this. While searching about cloud, I get a lot of good features as well as point about cloud.
                        Yes, you are right. Every hosting service has its on pro and cons. Cloud hosting service is also a good hosting
                        solution. It has the following benefits:
                        • There are no maintenance costs
                        • It’s scalable quickly
                        • Security and peace of mind

Comment

Working...
                        X