What is the difference between unmanaged and managed VPS hosting?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    What is the difference between unmanaged and managed VPS hosting?

    Hello everyone,

    I am looking to purchase a VPS hosting, but as you know there are lots of difference in price ranges for managed and unmanaged VPS hosting? I found unmanaged are affordable and easy to use. But still, I would like to know the difference between both, and which one shall I choose?

    #2
    unmanaged you only get vps with os installed, you need to install all service that you need and also manage it by yourself ukuran kertas a4
    managed vps you get panel so you can build website easily.

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by Robyn Jones View Post
      Hello everyone,

      I am looking to purchase a VPS hosting, but as you know there are lots of difference in price ranges for managed and unmanaged VPS hosting? I found unmanaged are affordable and easy to use. But still, I would like to know the difference between both, and which one shall I choose?
      Hello,

      In unmanaged VPS hosting, you unable to install applications neither you will receive any support for the software. Moreover, if you try to install any security patches, you will encounter error messages, and then you will be responsible for everything that goes wrong with your OS. Numerous unmanaged hosting providers don't even provide you with the control panel access, it will be up to you how to manage your website.
      Whereas in managed VPS hosting, you can install applications as well as get security from your web hosting provider. Also, you get the control panel access to manage your website database.

      Comment


        #4
        Yes, I am also searching for information about managed and unmanaged web hosting services. Getting the same points that you have mentioned Clara in your answer.

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by Clara Smith View Post

          Hello,

          In unmanaged VPS hosting, you unable to install applications neither you will receive any support for the software. Moreover, if you try to install any security patches, you will encounter error messages, and then you will be responsible for everything that goes wrong with your OS. Numerous unmanaged hosting providers don't even provide you with the control panel access, it will be up to you how to manage your website.
          Whereas in managed VPS hosting, you can install applications as well as get security from your web hosting provider. Also, you get the control panel access to manage your website database.
          Yes, unmanaged hosting is best for those who handy knowledge of server management but for newbie or those don't have much knowledge about server management, managed hosting service is the right choice.

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by Clara Smith View Post

            Hello,

            In unmanaged VPS hosting, you unable to install applications neither you will receive any support for the software. Moreover, if you try to install any security patches, you will encounter error messages, and then you will be responsible for everything that goes wrong with your OS. Numerous unmanaged hosting providers don't even provide you with the control panel access, it will be up to you how to manage your website.
            Whereas in managed VPS hosting, you can install applications as well as get security from your web hosting provider. Also, you get the control panel access to manage your website database.
            You have shared very easy to understand and useful information about managed and unmanaged hosting services.

            Comment


              #7
              Hello,

              In managed web hosting services, you don't have to worry about server management. Your web hosting provider will take care of this. But in unmanaged web hosting services, you have to be responsible to do all the server related tasks. This service is good for those who have handy knowledge about server and control panel management.
              So, you decide which one is good for you.

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by Jamie Lee View Post
                Hello,

                In managed web hosting services, you don't have to worry about server management. Your web hosting provider will take care of this. But in unmanaged web hosting services, you have to be responsible to do all the server related tasks. This service is good for those who have handy knowledge about server and control panel management.
                So, you decide which one is good for you.
                Yes, you are right Jamie. I would prefer managed web hosting service for those who have just started their server management journey.

                Comment

                Working...
                X