What is the purpose of web hosting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is the purpose of web hosting?

I am not a technical person, but I recently developed a website for my business with the help of Developers. I want to make my website live, so can somebody explain what web hosting is and why it is important to have one?

A web host, or web hosting service provider, is a business that provides the technologies and services needed for the website or webpage to be viewed in the Internet. Websites are hosted, or stored, on special computers called servers.

Comment

Web hosting is a service that allows you to publish your web pages on the internet so people can access it.

Types of web hosting
      1. Shared hosting : Here your website will be hosted on the same server and shared with multiple websites. It is best for beginners.
      2. VPS hosting : Here your website will be hosted on its own space but it still shares physical space with another website. It is best who want dedicated hosting but don’t have any technical knowledge.
      3. Dedicated web hosting : It is best who want full control over their website server means that you have full root and admin access, so you can control everything from security to operating system that you run.
      4. Cloud hosting : If your website is growing and you're driving more traffic to your website then you can upgrade to cloud hosting. Here many computers working together, running applications using combined computing resources.

Comment

Originally posted by Robyn Jones View Post
        Web hosting is a service that allows you to publish your web pages on the internet so people can access it.

Types of web hosting
        1. Shared hosting : Here your website will be hosted on the same server and shared with multiple websites. It is best for beginners.
        2. VPS hosting : Here your website will be hosted on its own space but it still shares physical space with another website. It is best who want dedicated hosting but don’t have any technical knowledge.
        3. Dedicated web hosting : It is best who want full control over their website server means that you have full root and admin access, so you can control everything from security to operating system that you run.
        4. Cloud hosting : If your website is growing and you're driving more traffic to your website then you can upgrade to cloud hosting. Here many computers working together, running applications using combined computing resources.
        Which one is a best hosting ?

Comment

Originally posted by Jamie Lee View Post

Which one is a best hosting ?
          Because each user has a unique business and set of needs, web hosting should be chosen in accordance with those needs.

Comment

Web hosts are the entities that allow websites to be accessed via the Internet. This means they retain all of the hosted site's webpages on their server, handle all of the setup and technical concerns, and have a very fast Internet connection.

Webpages are all hosted on a Web server that is connected to the Internet's backbone. Because the costs of setting up and maintaining a server are so high, most people have their websites hosted rather than hosting them themselves. The high-speed connection alone can cost several thousand dollars each month.
            Checkout the best & cheap forex vps hosting for 2021 (so far) with free trial, fastest low latency and location nearest to your forex broker. Our ultra-fast & high rated forex vps for uninterrupted trading will help you to run trading robots and earn maximum profit.
            Scott Harwood
            AccuWebHosting - The best and reliable web hosting provider

Comment

Working...
            X