Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moving from Google Workspace to Webmail

Hello,

One of my friends wants to move his company's email addresses from Google Workspace to webmail. He has more than 40 users, however, the problem is that each employee's official email account is linked to their Google drive, and they have a large number of things uploaded to the drive.

Now the question is if they may continue to use Google Drive with their official email address after migration, or if they must switch to another service such as Dropbox or WeTransfer, or what is the best option for them in terms of drive.

Hello,

That is an excellent question for Google. I understand that you do not need a Workspace to have a Google Drive, but I am unsure what will happen to the Google Drive data associated with the Workspace once the Workspace is no longer available.

Personally, I'd recommend either backing up or downloading everything just in case.

Comment

Hello,

You can migrate your email using Google's migration tool. If your domain does not have an SSL certificate, you cannot use this migration method and must instead use the manual migration method. Our Grid customers are the only ones who are exempt from this rule. If you're migrating mail from our Grid service and want to use the migration tool, you can do so by using your email access domain.

Comment

Working...
      X