Managed or Unmanaged?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Managed or Unmanaged?

What according to you is the better choice? Is it worth having a managed service or if you can do the tasks then you should go for unmanaged?

What are the pros and cons? Share your views.

Re: Managed or Unmanaged?

It's always good and recommended to opt for managed hosting services. Managed hosting service allows you to focus on your business, you don't have to worry about anything related to the server side issues. To save few bucks people opt for unmanaged hosting service, when the problem occurs they would spend time in resolving the issue. If the issue is not resolved they would start searching for a system admin or contact the hosting provider to fix the issue. To resolve the issues admin/hosting company charges a good amount. Go for managed hosting and focus on building your business.
    James Anderson
    eUKhost Ltd
    Skype - jameswebuk
    Email - james [@] eukhost.com

Comment

Originally posted by rubychile View Post
      What according to you is the better choice? Is it worth having a managed service or if you can do the tasks then you should go for unmanaged?

What are the pros and cons? Share your views.
      Unmanaged services are for Pro users who don't want to utilize extra cash into server management, they can do all the installations & other similar tasks all on their own. Whereas users lacking technical skills or those who don't have time to keep an eye on the servers all the time, go with managed servers.. Managed servers is always a highly recommended choice to avoid unnecessary headaches as to where the tech support staff comes handy specially when it's 24x7..
      Rock _a.k.a._ Jack Daniel

Follow eUKhost on Twitter || Join eUKhost Community on Facebook

Comment

I was also of the same opinion. It's better that the service provider takes care of all the tasks so you can focus more on business. The best way to look at this would be through a cost benefit analysis. The cost you pay for a managed service compared to what you have to give in terms of your time and effort for looking after all the tasks by yourself.
        Surely, you would save lot of time and earn more then you pay for the service.
        eUKhost Ltd.: eUK Web Hosting | eUK Dedicated Servers | eNlight Cloud Hosting | Build a Website
        Join our Affiliate program for free and earn up to 400 per sale!
        "A DECADE OF EXCELLENT SUPPORT"

Comment

Hey Rubychile, I can advise you from my own experience. I have used unmanaged services before and now using managed services and trust me managed service is a wonderful service to have. Everything seems to be running so smooth. Even if you are stuck in the middle of a mess you just inform the providers and its all done within no time. With unmanaged services it was a real pain trying to resolve things and performing various trials and then getting on to the final solution after taxing brains to eventually get there.

So my preference would any day be using managed service.

Comment

Absolutely, the managed hosting solution will offer you a robust hosting infrastructure, highly- scalable, flexible completely managed by experts in the management of server and network environments so that you can focus on what really matters (i.e. Your business). By going for a managed solution, you don’t have to worry about the initial investment in hiring administrator for server management tasks. The web host’s experts comprehensively manage all the elements that are related to the hosting infrastructure such as infrastructure design, server management tasks, perimeter security, configuration of operating systems (updates and patches), firewalls, routers and switches, monitoring, intrusion detection, high availability, etc.… bringing the added value of specialized training and experience in managing critical applications.

For any business, managed hosting is worth the value.

Comment

Every website owner is not technically sound. The best thing about a managed hosting platform is that it provides with a pro-active support that takes care of the functioning of the website and provides prompt solutions in case of any issues. In the absence of this feature, you might have to face heavy downtime that is harmful for the business.

Comment

Having a managed solution is like having yourself insured. It isn't that disaster strikes always, but if it does, you have the necessary things to counter-act and get things back to normal functionality.
                | |
                Best Paying offered by Eukhost Ltd.

Comment

Id go managed for piece of mind if I where you

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

I am just a voluntary moderator here, I do not speak for eUKhost officially!

Comment

So the general idea is that managed is usually a good choice. If you can afford it then go for it. Whereas unmanaged would be better for the technically sound people who can find that much time for it.

However, It doesn't matter here since you have managed service for all your solutions I suppose?

Comment

Originally posted by rubychile View Post
                      So the general idea is that managed is usually a good choice. If you can afford it then go for it. Whereas unmanaged would be better for the technically sound people who can find that much time for it.

However, It doesn't matter here since you have managed service for all your solutions I suppose?
                      Absolutely!
                      Rock _a.k.a._ Jack Daniel

Follow eUKhost on Twitter || Join eUKhost Community on Facebook

Comment

Usually most of the individuals and businesses prefer a managed hosting platform as it is safe and convenient. With an un-managed hosting platform you will have to dedicate a lot of time for the server maintenance tasks that you might not be aware of. Moreover, a web hosting company that has the technical expertise to manage your website and solve any issues that arise, is worthy of investment.

Comment

Managed services are like insurance to your online business. You can manage most of the services remotely, however the cost attached to it is not quite favorable and support from your hosting provider is something you should definitely consider while signing up. Especially, if the provider has 24x7 customer support with direct access to Level-2 and Level-3 technical support.

Comment

Sounds good now. One would be better of with a managed service whatever the case.

Comment

Working...
                            X