X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Power outage in Reading

Originally posted by eUKhost.com View Post
    Dear Customers,

I am equally disappointed with today's power outage we've had. please accept my sincere apology for the same. We are busy right now in restoring one of our Cloud Storage, which is expected to be back online in next 30 - 60 minutes.

I understand that loyalty of a customer is "UPTIME" and we've been focusing only on that from last 11 years. today's power outage for 2 seconds was very unfortunate. please allow us time to resolve the Cloud storage problems and we will personally call each and every customer and explain what we had to face due to our upstream provider's mistake.
    2 seconds sadly causes 4 hours 20 minutes and counting of downtime... on a 100% uptime Server. I'm assuming that we'll be eligible for compensation, that's if they ever get fixed?
    _________

Comment

Originally posted by eUKhost.com View Post
      .. today's power outage for 2 seconds was very unfortunate.
      2967 packets transmitted, 0 received, 100% packet loss, time 2983184ms
      sigpicManaged osCmax hosting
      (I'm not social )

Comment

Service Outage: 14:45 to 19:25
        (margin of error of 5 minutes)
        (I'm not social )

Comment

Just received the "hilarious" email report from the so-called monitoring service.

We would like to inform you that a brief service interruption has occurred; we are currently closely monitoring the service in order to minimize the risk of re-occurrence.

Service/s Down:

Device Name: xxx.xxx.xxx.xx#[EUK-xxxxx-xxxxx]
          109.203.xxx.xxx PING (PING) detected offline.<br>
          Well it was brief, in that the server appears up at the time of the email. Let's hope that I'm not inundated by the false monitoring reports (again!).

Back to my numerous open Firefox tabs:
          https://www.google.com/search?q=uk+cloud+server+hosting
          (I'm not social )

Comment

Dear Customers,

We can understand your concern and apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.
            The issue with the switch has been fixed. Now, all VMs are up and running fine.

Your patience and understanding is highly appreciated.
            Regards,
            Kieran A.
            Cloud Administrator

Comment

Originally posted by Kieran View Post
              Dear Customers,

We can understand your concern and apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.
              The issue with the switch has been fixed. Now, all VMs are up and running fine.

Your patience and understanding is highly appreciated.
              Compensation required due to crap service once again, how do you expect businesses to operate on servers like this?

Comment

Hello Woodpecker.

We are pursuing legal action against hardware vendors for failure outside of their terms. We will pass every single penny back to all those customers which were affected. This was not the hardware of the servers that caused the issue; we have done some major updates and also introduced some fantastic upgrades. It seemed a fail over switch crashed - which should never happen, but for some reason - which a full investigation is on going to gather the evidence we need, it did.

Rest assured I am personally working around the clock to ensure that the affected customers regain faith in our services and continue to grow with our support and guidance.

Kind Regards

Robert King
                Managing Director
                eUKhost Ltd

Comment

Just to update anyone reading/following this thread:
                  No compensation for the lack of 100% uptime has been received as yet. Apparently investigations/3rd party wrangles aren't complete and eUKHost has put compensation on hold until then.
                  [SARC]
                  Meantime, that good faith that has been mentioned, has been reversed, in that we, as the end customer is expected to pay the invoices as normal. I guess it us, as customers who need more patience, understanding and ... faith, that we'll receive compensation eventually. I do hope that it isn't the complimentary T-shirt. (Were these ordered up before power outage?)
                  [/SARC]
                  (I'm not social )

Comment

I can now state that compensation has been given, in accordance with the SLA. Thank you.
                    (I'm not social )

Comment

Working...
                    X