Best Suitable Package?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Suitable Package?

Hello. I run a small not-for-profit community organisation. With our web hosting we received Horde email and it suited us. Recently, the software has become unusable as a security problem has been found meaning that address books and calendars cannot be shared. Horde, of course, is free and we are looking for a replacement that offers email and shareable contact details and calendars for as close to that price as possible . We have eight email addresses, but only 4 are \'attached\' to real people. Email sent to he others - support, bin, paypal and enquiries - is retrieved as and when necessary by one of the four volunteers who have dedicated email addresses Our current plan provides 1000mb of storage and between us we receive an average of 10 emails per day.
    Any advice you could offer would be most appreciated.

Re: Best Suitable Package?

Originally posted by Gnome View Post
    Hello. I run a small not-for-profit community organisation. With our web hosting we received Horde email and it suited us. Recently, the software has become unusable as a security problem has been found meaning that address books and calendars cannot be shared. Horde, of course, is free and we are looking for a replacement that offers email and shareable contact details and calendars for as close to that price as possible . We have eight email addresses, but only 4 are \'attached\' to real people. Email sent to he others - support, bin, paypal and enquiries - is retrieved as and when necessary by one of the four volunteers who have dedicated email addresses Our current plan provides 1000mb of storage and between us we receive an average of 10 emails per day.
    Any advice you could offer would be most appreciated.
    cPanel provides 3 webmail interfaces namely Horde, RoundCube & SquirrelMail, for you to check your emails. You are free to use any one of them at a time or switch to the another once you login to webmail. I prefer RoundCube over the rest 2 & would suggest you try it once & share your experience. You'll be happy with the professional & multi-featured user friendly interface of this webmail client!
    Rock _a.k.a._ Jack Daniel

Follow eUKhost on Twitter || Join eUKhost Community on Facebook

Comment

I also prefer RoundCube in webmail.

Comment

Thanks for the reply.

We have access to Roundcube and Squirrelmail at the moment. The version
        of Roundcube is 0.9, so it isn't the most up-to-date but I think we
        originally chose Horde because there were more data items attached to
        the contact (amongst other things). As you provide Horde, can I ask if
        you have had any problems relating to the security breach that has
        rendered our implementation of it almost useless?
        I have tried to load our contacts (from a .csv file) using the Squirrelmail import facility
        but with no success (I may remove the headings and give it another
        whirl!).

Are you in a position to give me any advice on a Google Apps-type
        solution or even one which uses Zimbra?

Comment

Working...
        X