Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Umbraco or Wordpress CMS Hosting Server Packages

Howdy,

Please help me decide the best CMS for my new blog. Wordpress or Umbraco? I have seen such food blog on Umbraco CMS, but Wordpress also has really good features.

Regards,
    Derek Coito

Re: Umbraco or Wordpress CMS Hosting Server Packages

Originally posted by Derek Coito View Post
    Howdy,

Please help me decide the best CMS for my new blog. Wordpress or Umbraco? I have seen such food blog on Umbraco CMS, but Wordpress also has really good features.

Regards,
    Derek Coito
    Hi Derek!

Welcome to Eukhost forums

If you're new to blogging, Wordpress is best to start with. Umbraco;no doubt; is good, but a bit complicated & should be used at advanced level!
    Rock _a.k.a._ Jack Daniel

Follow eUKhost on Twitter || Join eUKhost Community on Facebook

Comment

For the small site i suggest you wordpress because its a more suitable and cheap cost effective solution but not suitable for the large website.
      Have you seen Mashable.com? It’s a wordpress based website and it isn’t a small or medium sized website.

Comment

Ok, so let’s start with the Wordpress and forget Umbraco as Wordrpess has really good features. And what should I do now to install wordrepss on the new domain?

@Irene : I have checked the Mashable.com, design is awesome.

Comment

Ok, so let’s start with the Wordpress and forget Umbraco as Wordrpess has really good features. And what should I do now to install wordrepss on the new domain?
          Umbraco also offer very interesting features, but as said by Rock it should be used at advanced level. Believe, me it’s as good as WordPress, maybe it’s not popular like WordPress due to the higher cost rates of Addons .

WordPress installation – you can do it via Softaculous auto-script installer, which comes up with cPanel control panel.

Comment

Originally posted by Irene9001 View Post
            Have you seen Mashable.com? It’s a wordpress based website and it isn’t a small or medium sized website.

M so happy to learn this new thing today!

Comment

Btw, you will find some notable users of WordPress on official WP website: you can check the following URL

Comment

Originally posted by Irene9001 View Post
                Btw, you will find some notable users of WordPress on official WP website: you can check the following URL
                WOW! These are few of the biggest & globally renowned websites! I'm astonished!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Rock View Post
                  WOW! These are few of the biggest & globally renowned websites! I'm astonished!!!
                  I was surprised to see some names on that list also. When I looked up Joomla a few weeks ago I saw eBay was on that too for their intranet. Its pretty amazing that these huge websites are using CMS like they do.

I am just a voluntary moderator here, I do not speak for eUKhost officially!

Comment

Originally posted by Brian View Post
                    I was surprised to see some names on that list also. When I looked up Joomla a few weeks ago I saw eBay was on that too for their intranet. Its pretty amazing that these huge websites are using CMS like they do.
                    Actually I think it's for the eBay Blog only, because that's what the WordPress site links to when you click their logo.

Comment

According to Joomla, for one "internal project" they use it eBay Chooses Joomla | Joomla! Community Portal
                      Obviously from 2010 things may have changed though.

I am just a voluntary moderator here, I do not speak for eUKhost officially!

Comment

Hello,

I have learned a lot could you please share the best web hosting package to start with the Wordpress platform.
                        Thank you all.

Comment

Hi Derek,

You may consider any of our cPanel Shared plans to host your WordPress website. We can start with the cPanel Shared Basic plan offered with 2GB disk space and unlimited bandwidth and free cpanel control panel and softaculous quick installer, with this you will be able to install wordpress with a few clicks. The Basic plan will cost you just 39.96 GBP annually.

Also you are allowed to host unlimited domains and create unlimited email accounts the disk space allocated is the only limit.

Please feel free to write if there any further queries or concerns you may have.

Regards,
                          Albie Stevens

Comment

Hi Albie,

That will work best for my new blog friend, is CDN is included in it? Do you setup it for me?

Thank you

Comment

Hi Albie,

That will work best for my new blog friend, is CDN is included in it? Do you setup it for me?

Thank you
                              Hi Derek,

CDN isn't included with any of our packages, but you can have that (CDN) integrated with the help of your web developer, it's pretty simple & we'll assist you with it..

Comment

Working...
                              X