Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Customised Dedicated Server Configuration for gaming website

Hello,

My website is working well on VPS server, but I am planning to switch to a customised dedicated server to increase security for my website. 8 GB RAM, SATA or SSD hard disk, 5 TB bandwidth and a unique IP, firewall and free add-ons. Please assist me with the appropriate server configuration for my flash gaming website.

Have a nice day!!!!
    Chris Pirillo

Re: Customised Dedicated Server Configuration for gaming website

Hi Chris,

Welcome to the community.

Sounds good that you are willing to upgrade to a dedicated server, we can certainly help you with your requirement. All our dedicated servers are fully managed and monitored round the clock, backed with 24 x 7 free technical support via live chat, phone and email.

It would be a great help if you could help us with the following information.
    1. The hosting platform and exact amount of HDD you would require?
    2. Please let us know if you we need to include control panel in the quotation.
    3. Kindly help us with your budget for this requirement.

The above information will help us comprehend your requirement and recommend you a pertinent solution as per your requirement.

Please feel free to write us in case of any queries or concerns.

Regards,
    Albie Stevens

Comment

Hello Chris,
      It always recommended to continue with the same hosting platform/OS and the control panel you are currently using. It will help in seamless data migration.
      For your requirements I would have considered E3-1220v2 OR E3-1220L server option, refer >> https://www.eukhost.com/dedicated-servers/

Comment

Thank you Albie and Rockhail,

I think dedicated server would be perfect for my website with this configuration, eUK E5-2630 v2 - Intel® Dual Hexa Xeon® E5-2630, 128 GB DDR3, 8 x 300 GB SAS (15k), 2.60 GHz, 2 x 6 Cores, RAID 5, 6, or 10 but Bandwidth is less as you know the flash gaming website eats more bandwidth. Could it be possible to make a few changes regarding Bandwidth in this same configuration? And please explain how this server is secure from other malicious activities?

Cheers!!!

Comment

Dear Chris,

We can certainly provide you the desired server as per your requirements. Following are the server specs for your reference;

E5-2630 V2 Promo-Dual Hexa Core Linux (2.60 Ghz, 15 MB)
          » RAM: 128 GB DDR3 RAM
          » Hard Disk: 8 x 300 GB SAS 15k rpm
          » RAID: RAID 10 (needs 4 drives minimum)
          » Operating System: Linux CentOS 6.x
          » Control Panel: No Control Panel
          » Port Speed: Dedicated 100Mbit Port
          » Bandwidth: 10000 GB
          » Monthly cost: £389.00

Addon:-

Control Panel:
          » cPanel/WHM - £20.00 Per month

Hardware Firewall:
          » Cisco ASA 5505 - 69 GBP Per month
          » Cisco ASA 5510 - 149 GBP Per month

Bandwidth:
          » Additional 2000 GB - £50.00 Per month
          » Additional 5000 GB - £100.00 Per month

Unmetered bandwidth:
          » 10 Mbit - £20.00 Per month
          » 100 Mbit - £200.00 Per month

The above server would definitely suffice your requirement on hosting the flash game website. I have above mentioned the possibilities to upgrade bandwidth on your server as per your requirement. We also offer unmetered bandwidth with our servers, if you wish to avail it. In order to enhance the server security it is always recommended to opt for Hardware Firewall, there are a couple of options you can choose from. It can be added to your server at an additional cost. As such all our servers are monitored round the clock, we also offer certain monitoring packages, you may refer to the following link to learn more: https://www.eukhost.com/server-monitoring.php

All the server side issues will be taken care by our technical support team at no additional charges as a part of our fully managed services.

Please feel free to write if there are any further queries you may have in this regards, you can also PM me with your queries. I will be more than glad to address those.

Regards,
          Albie Stevens

Comment

Hi Albie,

Yeah, looks good to me and for my website. Could you please elaborate the minimum leased time of a dedicated server? Just to make sure everything is working fine on the new configuration.

Cheers!!!

Comment

Hi Chris,

Our dedicated servers are not bound by any contracts, and are to be paid for at the beginning of each month. Even if you choose to pay on a higher billing cycle you would always have an option to cancel the services at the end of any given month. The unused amount if any will be refunded to your account immediately! There are no time bound contracts at all. Having said that, I am confident that you will continue with our services for multiple such cycles.

Would you be kind to confirm as when would you like to get the sever up and running? Also let me know if there are any changes in the server quotation provided above? I will be more than glad to assist you with the further process.

Regards,
              Albie Stevens

Comment

Thank you so much Albie for assisting me. I would like to lease the same configuration for 6 months,

E5-2630 V2 Promo-Dual Hexa Core Linux (2.60 Ghz, 15 MB)
                » RAM: 128 GB DDR3 RAM
                » Hard Disk: 8 x 300 GB SAS 15k rpm
                » RAID: RAID 10 (needs 4 drives minimum)
                » Operating System: Linux CentOS 6.x
                » Control Panel: No Control Panel
                » Port Speed: Dedicated 100Mbit Port
                » Bandwidth: 10000 GB
                » Monthly cost: £389.00

With additional bandwidth,
                » 2000 GB - £50.00 Per month

I hope setup would not take time.......

Comment

Assuming you haven't ordered the server yet, setup would take about 24 hours after order is placed and paid. If you want any custom settings or tweaks done on the server, you can specify those at the time of order so those can be taken care of during the setup.
                  Wordpress Hosting - Your Adventure, Your Story!
                  Website Security Bundle - Great Value Security Solutions in value-for-money package!
                  Follow eUKhost on Twitter || Join eUKhost Community on Facebook

Comment

Working...
                  X