Managed vs Unmanaged VPS, which is more advantages?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Managed vs Unmanaged VPS, which is more advantages?

Hello,

I'm consider to update my hosting package from shared to a VPS
    but I don't know between Managed and Unmanaged VPS, which is more advantages?

Could you show me any explanation?

Thanks
    Tommy
    www.WebmasterSun.com - The largest internet marketing forum on the internet!

Re: Managed vs Unmanaged VPS, which is more advantages?

Hello Tommy,

I'd say the most practical solution for people those who are not familiar or knowledgeable of server functioning, as when the hosting provider say's the services are fully managed they have to take the responsibility for all the issues related to server functioning, such as VPS server maintenance, server configuration, server security, upgrade, etc. Having fully managed services leaves you one less thing to worry about i.e. functional server. And it helps you to concentrate on your websites without being distracted by any such server problems.

Un-managed VPS services is for the people those who are completely capable of managing their servers technically. With such type of hosting services (Un-managed Service), the hosting companies only provides you the infrastructure, takes care of the hardware and also up-time, and installs of the initial server. However you will surely need to spend time in taking care of the maintenance and the security, software upgrades. And at sometimes when you do not have enough knowledge about the latest software and tools you will be bothered by all the fussy troubleshooting and compatibility problems.

It is always recommended to consider the managed hosting services to ensure you have everything managed on your counts and get enough of time to work on the growth of your business rather than spending time managing your servers~

I hope this post helps you understand better.

Regards,
    Rossi

Comment

Originally posted by itommy View Post
      Hello,

I'm consider to update my hosting package from shared to a VPS

Could you show me any explanation?

Thanks
      Tommy
      Hello Tommy,

With unmanaged VPS you would be fully responsible for the machine from OS installation to security .. I must say for everything. Its just that your host will keep the network connected to the machine.

Well, when it comes to managed its totally opposite, your host takes care of your server and you do not have to worry about the server security patches, software updates, server monitoring, security breaches ect.

Its always good to opt for a managed solution.

Bud

Comment

Originally posted by Bud View Post
        Hello Tommy,

With unmanaged VPS you would be fully responsible for the machine from OS installation to security .. I must say for everything. Its just that your host will keep the network connected to the machine.

Well, when it comes to managed its totally opposite, your host takes care of your server and you do not have to worry about the server security patches, software updates, server monitoring, security breaches ect.

Its always good to opt for a managed solution.

Bud
        Yes, its always good to let the hosting provider manage your server so you do not have to invest your time and the same time can be utilised to develop your business ..

Colin

Comment

Originally posted by itommy View Post
          Hello,
          Managed VPS - This is for those users who have none, less technical knowledge of server working. Cloud Hosting provider is solely responsible the for server support, maintenance, upgrades, security services etc.
          Advantages - Since hosting provider is the managing side, no downtime or technical errors, no worry of data lost or sever issues etc.
          Disadvantages - High pricing in comparison to unmanaged VPS

Unmanaged VPS - This is for those users who are capable of maintaining and configuring server for their own and doesn't require any help or assistance from the cloud hosting providers.
          Advantages - You have better control, cheap than managed VPS
          Disadvantages - Technical support is very limited, you require server support engineers on your side.

Hope it will help you,
          Kartik

Comment

Both managed and unmanaged have their set of advantages and disadvantages but managed are a bit easy to use and manage

RacksReady is one of the fast growing IT Company which provides IT infrastructures and services required for your business needs. We are coming up with lots of offers and services which can enhance your business and productivity along with Successful delivery of all our services with superior quality of infrastructures accompanied by feasible economic rate and good standards. We are committed to create Lifetime Customer Relationships by delivering World class managed data center services and IT enabled Services.
            so do visit our website and give us opportunity to work with you

Comment

if you new in hosting then go with manage for sure,
              if you experiment user you don't need it, go with unmanaged server that is also cheaper.
              DomainHostSSL - Cheap VPS from $1.20/mo Since 2003. - http://my.cheapdomainnamesdot.com/

Comment

Truly speaking, Unmanaged VPS is less costly than Managed VPS when plans are compared having same allocated resources. The reason why less support is offered on Unmanaged VPS because they charge less on Unmanaged VPS. If you know in and out of VPS hosting and have planned a lot of time for VPS server, then go for Unmanaged VPS. If not, then go for Managed VPS.

Some tech issues you should be well versed if you choose Unmanaged VPS are:

Software update and patching
                DNS configuration
                VPS security
                LAMP server configuration (linux, apache, mysq, php)
                SSL certificates creation
                Server backup
                Website setup

This is not the end. The more the better it is.

Comment

Working...
                X