Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the best merchant processing solution?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the best merchant processing solution?

If you want to take credit card orders (or pre-orders), what is the best merchant processing solution?
    I've heard the PayPal and Google Checkout will freeze your funds if even a single person complains about your service to them.

Originally posted by smookedtrout View Post
    If you want to take credit card orders (or pre-orders), what is the best merchant processing solution?
    I've heard the PayPal and Google Checkout will freeze your funds if even a single person complains about your service to them.
    I'd vote for Google Checkout (GC), from the way they've performed so far (9/10). Paypal is good too, but fraudsters are more attracted towards it whereas GC is best from keeping such pranksters at bay..
    Rock _a.k.a._ Jack Daniel

Follow eUKhost on Twitter || Join eUKhost Community on Facebook

Comment

Payments via Google Checkout are verified thoroughly due to which only the payments from genuine customers are able to come through. However, you will find that the payments are delayed due to the verification process which is not the case if you consider Paypal as payments via Paypal are cleared within a few minutes

Comment

Well, I think what Rock said is right. PayPal may be a bit faster, however, it is sometimes difficult to catch a fraudulent in short time. The time taken by GC is considerable, however, the declining of payment assures you to get genuine clients. For a long-term business, I think GC is more secure than Paypal, isn't it?

Comment

Both are reputed and reliable payment processor however they may freeze your account when they believe that there might be some fraudulent activities happening in your account. PayPal is currently not working properly in India, most of people reported it's reversing payments due to some issues. techcrunch.com/2010/02/05/paypal-halts-india/

Comment

Both the payment gateways are good, however, they are supported in different Countries and hence you should make sure that you select the one which supports the Countries from which you will be accepting payments.
            "A Penny Saved is a Penny Earned"

Comment

This is a Google era

I would go with Google Checkout , if you need a secured and verified transactions you know where to go now..

Comment

Originally posted by Kim-C View Post
                This is a Google era

I would go with Google Checkout , if you need a secured and verified transactions you know where to go now..
                Why would you like to use only Google checkout? I don't think a business owner will leave PayPal out because they've such a huge market share. There is no offense for accepting multiple payment system, on the contrary your customers will have multiple option for making payments.
                Last edited by paul; 09-02-2010, 16:53.

Comment

Edit: PayPal is restoring withdrawal amount of Indian users and hopefully it will resolve the issues shortly.

Comment

If you don't care about the customer leaving your site:
                    Amazon Payments (underrated in my opinion)
                    PayPal
                    Google Checkout
                    If you need to seamlessly integrate a payment form in your site:
                    -PayPal Payments Pro ($30/month for a virtual terminal and API integration, no contracts, 2.9% transaction, it's really hard to find a merchant company that can beat this unless you're talking in volumes).
                    -Authorize.net coupled with the merchant company of your choice.
                    When evaluating a merchant company, beware of contract stipulations, transaction fees, and monthly fees. My first provider was Cardservice International (one of the largest) and I used LinkPoint for the online gateway. I was paying $60-80/month just for the service! (transaction fees excluded) AND I was locked in a 2-year contract with an insanely high cancellation fee. One of their fees was a mandatory $20 "customer service fee" for access to their 24/7 customer service team. (WTF?)
                    Just be careful when evaluating merchant companies. Try starting at your bank (as long as it's not Chase, BoA, or Wells Fargo). Generally, local community banks or credit unions will have fair pricing and good customer service for merchants.Try to check all Honest Merchant Report here.

Comment

As far as I know, there is no limit on the number of payment gateways you can have on your website. Hence, you can have multiple payment gateways like Paypal, Google Checkout, Moneybookers, Amazon etc. on your website in order to make sure that your customers have options to select the payment gateway for making the payment.

However, yo should also make sure that you have only limited of them which are actually beneficial to you otherwise, you may land up paying bills of these payment gateways and ruin your business.

Comment

Having multiple payment gateway is a good option as you never know what will your client demand or you may just miss a client because not having a desired payment option online..

You can have at least 2 to 3 three options available which can be Google checkout, Money bookers.

Comment

I personally prefer Authorize.net and Paypal if we speak on the best merchant processing solution.
                          .....aaahh...some1 jst shot me :P

Comment

Originally posted by shane View Post
                            I personally prefer Authorize.net and Paypal if we speak on the best merchant processing solution.
                            Have you tried Google Checkout anytime recently, Shane?
                            Rock _a.k.a._ Jack Daniel

Follow eUKhost on Twitter || Join eUKhost Community on Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by smithmiller6 View Post
                              If you don't care about the customer leaving your site:
                              Amazon Payments (underrated in my opinion)
                              I don't think Amazon is underrated however IMO, it was wrongly projected to come out as rivals of PayPal and others, it's mostly used by the developers who are already using Amazon’s S3 web services/EC2 and those who are using Amazon credentials to buy goods or services.

Comment

Working...
                              X