Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the best merchant processing solution?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think paypal works really well with me.

Comment

Originally posted by Rock View Post
      Have you tried Google Checkout anytime recently, Shane?
      Is it worth using Google CheckOut rather than PayPal or Authorize.Net, if we speak on the best merchant processing solution, Rock?

Comment

Originally posted by Merrick View Post
        Is it worth using Google CheckOut rather than PayPal or Authorize.Net, if we speak on the best merchant processing solution, Rock?
        If you ask me, I would say Yes

Charges per transaction are low when you consider Google Checkout in comparison to Paypal or Authorize.net (as far as I know ). Alongwith this, Google Checkout verifies the payments exceptionally well which helps in keeping fraudsters away which is an added advantage

Comment

Originally posted by Catherine View Post
          If you ask me, I would say Yes

Charges per transaction are low when you consider Google Checkout in comparison to Paypal or Authorize.net (as far as I know ). Alongwith this, Google Checkout verifies the payments exceptionally well which helps in keeping fraudsters away which is an added advantage
          Thank you, Catherine!

Yes, Google CheckOut's verification process isextremely perfect. But, on few occasions, it makes us frustrated as it takes long time to clear the transaction and the service that we are paying for, is needed on urgent basis, aint't it?

Comment

Thank you, Catherine!

Yes, Google CheckOut's verification process isextremely perfect. But, on few occasions, it makes us frustrated as it takes long time to clear the transaction and the service that we are paying for, is needed on urgent basis, aint't it?

Google Checkout's verification is undoubtedly one of the best as compared with other payment gateways. But as stated by Merrick, it takes longer time to process the payment into the merchants account, hence delaying the delivery time of the product or service to the customer. Now, this might be a bit frustrating to the customer, since most of them are not aware of these facts, they simply want to product at least waste of time.

Comment

Thank you, Catherine!

Yes, Google CheckOut's verification process is extremely perfect. But, on few occasions, it makes us frustrated as it takes long time to clear the transaction and the service that we are paying for, is needed on urgent basis, aint't it?
              You are most Merrick.

The verification process of Google Checkout certainly takes time and this is where Paypal has an advantage. Payments via Paypal are cleared within a very short time in comparison to Google Checkout.

The conclusion to this is, there are some advantages and disadvantages of payment gateways as well and hence you can have multiple payment gateways on your website in order to accept payments and provide your customers with an option

Comment

I definitely agree. With multiple Payment Gateways and options, you'll definitely make things easier for your client or visitor.
                .....aaahh...some1 jst shot me :P

Comment

Having multiple payment gateways on your site will give an option to your clients and visitors, they can select the feasible payment gateway for them and make payments through it.
                  Website Hosting | Cloud Hosting | Dedicated Server Hosting

Comment

Some of the customers choose a Payment gateway on the basis of the features it has. Especially, if any of the features benefits the user.

For example, some of the customers choose Paypal as it has a Monthly Subscription option due to which the user doesn't need to login into Paypal again and again to pay the invoices. Once the user selects Monthly Subscription option, the payment is automatically debited from his account

Comment

It is best to offer every payment option you can, some people will only use PayPal when others will only use Google, and some dont mind. I get quite a few people who still want to pay by cheque ! and they dont mind waiting 5 days for it to be paid in before i post the goods or turn up to do the job.
                      www.systemtek.co.uk - Computers, Electronics and Telecoms news and technical information.

Comment

Originally posted by duncan320 View Post
                        It is best to offer every payment option you can, some people will only use PayPal when others will only use Google, and some dont mind. I get quite a few people who still want to pay by cheque ! and they dont mind waiting 5 days for it to be paid in before i post the goods or turn up to do the job.
                        Yes, however it depends on personal experience and choice of credentials for dealing with check especially with the local clients but for the real-time business I think it's still difficult to handle payment through check.

Comment

FastSpring is easy to manage and great support.
                          Josephine
                          Time Attendance, Payroll, HR Software

Comment

Originally posted by duncan320 View Post
                            Payment by cheque is actually a good option only if you have online business locally. However, if you have an online business and you provide services all over the Globe, payments via cheque can be difficult to manage. Though, Paypal Echeck would be an option

Originally posted by harjos View Post
                            FastSpring is easy to manage and great support.
                            Not used or heard about it but after checking the site, it seems that it is good

Comment

Working...
                            X