Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• on line shop software

Hello

Currently on cPanel shared hosting package.

What is the best software to setup a online shop, what the shop will sell is files in PDF format. As i need to keep the cost down at first maybe just accept PayPal payments as this will not involve a processing cost. The item cost is low you see.

Also, if possibe someone places the order once the order has been processed they get sent the files via e-mail or a link to download the file, a choice at purchase. If this cant be done easy automatic then i would have to do it manually.

Not expecting to make millions from this so need to do it with free software if i can.

Can anyone offer any ideas ?

Thanks
    www.systemtek.co.uk - Computers, Electronics and Telecoms news and technical information.

If you wish to have a shopping cart on your website, I would recommend you to choose OScommerce as it free of cost and is one of the best shopping carts available for E-commerce sites.

As you have cPanel control panel with the cPanel hosting plan, you will be able to install OScommerce shopping cart from Fantastico with a few simple clicks

Hope this helps..

Comment

Yes, Oscommerce should be the best one, however you can also consider ZenC as second choice, both can be easily installed through Fantastico.

Comment

Thanks, are they easy enough to setup for PayPal payments ?
        www.systemtek.co.uk - Computers, Electronics and Telecoms news and technical information.

Comment

Just setup Oscommerce now, will have a play around with it over the next few days, looks quite easy to set things up so far.

And nice quick reply and fix from Support about a error i had after install.

Comment

Originally posted by duncan320 View Post
            Just setup Oscommerce now, will have a play around with it over the next few days, looks quite easy to set things up so far.

Glad to know that Duncan
            Rock _a.k.a._ Jack Daniel

Follow eUKhost on Twitter || Join eUKhost Community on Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by duncan320 View Post

Good to know that you have chosen OScommerce shopping cart for your site Hope that you'll be satisfied with this shopping cart.

Comment

Choosing the right shopping cart is one of the most crucial steps to making your online business a success. Your customers need to be able to purchase your product(s) as easily as possible, with a sense of security. For the business owner, the software should be simple to use, with lots of useful features and great customer support when needed.

Shopsite Pro
                Volusion
                Fortune3 Silver are some of the softwares that you need.
                Josephine
                Time Attendance, Payroll, HR Software

Comment

Originally posted by Catherine View Post
                  If you wish to have a shopping cart on your website, I would recommend you to choose OScommerce as it free of cost and is one of the best shopping carts available for E-commerce sites.

As you have cPanel control panel with the cPanel hosting plan, you will be able to install OScommerce shopping cart from Fantastico with a few simple clicks

Hope this helps..
                  Thanks for the information. Online stores, shopping carts,....well, those are pretty new to me. Can OScommerce be integrated to any type of websites including those which run on CMS like Joomla or Drupal?

Comment

I've used OScommerce in the past and I may say that is pretty simple and straightforward to use so don't hesitate and download it.

Comment

I am working with Virtuemart at the moment which is specifically for Joomla, so it integrates pretty well with all the backend admin bits and bobs. It is easy to set up, although one of the security settings had to be changed to make it work correctly.

Mark
                      Holiday Almeria rental apartment
                      Marksfish

Comment

Like most people, I've used and will continue to use OScommerce because it is very well documented and used amongst the community. Sometimes when you're indecisive it's best to pick the most obvious solution.

Comment

Originally posted by GWilson View Post
                          Thanks for the information. Online stores, shopping carts,....well, those are pretty new to me. Can OScommerce be integrated to any type of websites including those which run on CMS like Joomla or Drupal?
                          You are most welcome

Yes, you can integrate OScommerce with Drupal as well as Joomla.

Comment

Working...
                          X