Tax for Online Business

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tax for Online Business

Do we need to include the income we get from the internet in our tax declaration however small it may be? Will the government know if we haven't included the online incomes?

My suggestion is yes because you never know when someone will get this information, perhaps a customer will give info about something you sold to him.

I have build my portal www.istories.gr

Comment

Originally posted by manolis View Post
      My suggestion is yes because you never know when someone will get this information, perhaps a customer will give info about something you sold to him.
      Absolutely. If you sell to a business, that business will record the purchase in their accounts. If that business then gets investigated by HMRC (and that can happen as a routine check, not because the business is doing anything wrong), your sale will be seen by HMRC, and you may then get them knocking on your door.

Comment

I understand what you mean but what if the income from online jobs is very little. Taxing income from online business should be done but what if I work for an online company? Should I include, for example, $200 online income per month?

Comment

Originally posted by Nicolai View Post
          I understand what you mean but what if the income from online jobs is very little. Taxing income from online business should be done but what if I work for an online company? Should I include, for example, $200 online income per month?
          Nicolai, bearing in mind I am not a tax official, nor an accountant, and I don't know which country you are from, I couldn't possibly give any official advice. But if I were you I'd contact my local tax office, tell them what I'm doing and ask if I have to declare it. And if the answer is no, I'd make sure I get it in writing.

Comment

Originally posted by compserv View Post
            And if the answer is no, I'd make sure I get it in writing.
            This is very importan in a country like Greece.

I have build my portal www.istories.gr

Comment

Working...
            X