Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which software for Site to buy and sell stuff?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which software for Site to buy and sell stuff?

Hi,

We have a client who wants a website hosting to sell their product. But at the same time sellers can come on and sell/advertise their product by creating an account.

Anyone know if there is any of the Fantastico products that can do this? Or which package could be used?

Look for some type of 'classifeids' system...

Comment

Erm...you could use an aution script.

Use Zencart or Oscommerce, and have a seperate classifieds script or something :\
      Kind Regards,
      Matt
      Cheap Dr Who Toys | Dr Who News

Comment

I would say use one of the e-commerce scripts for your shop and then one of the classifieds scripts for other people to create accounts and add things onto. It will make it a lot less complicated this way.

Either that or you can look for third party auction and shop software built into one but it depends on what type of hosting plan you are on as to whether you will be able to install it.

Hope that helps .
        David Smith
        Managing Director
        DPS Computing Limited

- Massive update! (September 2011) - It's now not neglected!!
        - New Site (10/2009)

Comment

If he wants to just simply sell stuff, there are several scripts available that will help create a website hosting. I have several website hostings that are currently <a href="http://burfieldstuff.com">Selling stuff on the internet</a> The eukhost linux hosting packages are an ideal platform for this.

Comment

Originally posted by DPS Computing View Post
            I would say use one of the e-commerce scripts for your shop and then one of the classifieds scripts for other people to create accounts and add things onto. It will make it a lot less complicated this way.

Either that or you can look for third party auction and shop software built into one but it depends on what type of hosting plan you are on as to whether you will be able to install it.

Hope that helps .
            I would back this up, dependant on what he is selling eCommerce could be of excellent use.
            Dan Miller

Comment

You can get Noah's Classifieds ( noahsclassifieds.org ) via the Fantastico tools, it is one of the classifieds system supported by Fantastico.

Comment

Working...
              X