Newbie to Internet marketing!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie to Internet marketing!

Iím new to the Internet and am planning to go in for a web-page / web-site for my small business. I know nothing about internet marketing and therefore would like someone to suggest me about internet marketing?

well firstly it would be benefitcial to become a customer with eUKhost, go to our homepage located at www.eukhost.com. For small businesses I'd recommend a shared package, unless your going to be setting up your own Web hosting business, then I'd suggest a reseller. You are welcome to upgrade from shared to reseller or reseller to a VPS Hosting at any time while you are a customer.

Internet Marketing is a very large subject area and I'm sure the chief of marketing (Mark) would be able to give you some marketing ideas. If you want to get your website hosting noticed, however - I have a few tips. Getting SEO optimized is a big thing because that means you'll be in higher results with Google and Yahoo! Search. Google is our God for SEO & most of our unique visitors. How would you get your web site hosting SEO optimized? Submitting your ready-madeWebsite Hosting to free & paid directories (preferably large pagerank and high in google results) is benefiticial. Getting links to your web site hosting from other sites is another way of getting SEO optimization. Last but not least - having GOOD and QUALITY content that google can add for search results is a core thing you should do - and updating it regularly.

Lastly, adding META tags is recommended (for many reasons, including XHTML compliancy) is a key bonus because Google and other major search engines would use this when your links are added to their search engine results (like a description and title).

PS: by the way if you are looking to get visitors and possibly new customers for your small business have you considered Google adwords? visit https://adwords.google.com/select/Lo..._newF&hl=en_GB for more info.

Good luck!
    Last edited by Ben Stones; 24-11-2007, 17:30.

Comment

A lot can be gained or lost by the actual website hosting itself. If it is poor to navigate with awful content even the best SEO and marketing techniques won't get you anywhere. It may get you noticed - but for all the wrong reasons!
      David Smith
      Managing Director
      DPS Computing Limited

- Massive update! (September 2011) - It's now not neglected!!
      - New Site (10/2009)

Comment

IMO, SEO should be the first step for internet marketing, check out here, this will help you for SEO as beginner; seomoz.org/article/beginners-guide-to-search-engine-optimization

Comment

Originally posted by paul View Post
          IMO, SEO should be the first step for internet marketing, check out here, this will help you for SEO as beginner; seomoz.org/article/beginners-guide-to-search-engine-optimization
          I like the way that new WYSIWYG editors are incorporating good SEO techniques and there are lots of tools out there now to help you also .
          David Smith
          Managing Director
          DPS Computing Limited

- New Site (10/2009)

Comment

I think you should read as many forums on internet marketing as much as u can

Comment

You should public some press releases, and submit you website hosting to web directories.
              Some banners can be of help too!
              A member with a job search website

Comment

Hi Darrell25

First, WELCOME!

IM In A Nutshell:
                IM (Internet Marketing) is all about getting targeted traffic to your website hosting for presenting and selling your (even, someone else's) product/service to them by using good SEO methods including a good convincing content!

Having your own website hosting - small or big - & systematically building it into a great one is the doorway to a successful online presence.

The keywords are:
                Keywords
                Backlinks
                Content
                SEO
                Articles
                Know what people are looking for, find/create it, make it VISIBLE (i.e., get targeted traffic), and give it to them!
                ... etc.

The bigger IM players develop a "list" and sell repeatedly. They create a good relationship with the "list-members" by giving them good content and presenting products in such a way that their readers get converted into buyers, and buyers into repeat buyers.

Again, in short, you need to find the problems and create solution (or select readymade solutions created by other) for those problems. Then, create a "super express highway" to drive-in those who have the problems and convince them and sell the solution, and also get their email id & name & make them come again & again for their other needs.

Remember, this is just "in a nutshell"... Your online success depends on how you achieve this in the best possible way.

Good Luck!

Comment

I think your best bet is just to search for free internet marketing training material in the search engines and learn your basics from that

Comment

Free Web Site

If you are happy to have adverts on your web web site hosting page Aim2win is offering a free basic web page. That's a .co.uk web site.

Comment

business marketing internet

Here is my 1st post.There are indeed many serious considerations that one must take into account before starting a business.Advertising and marketing should be a top priority for any business[and with the age of the internet comes the best ever way of marketing and attracting new clients, customers and internet traffic, based on targeted online marketing.

Comment

to the forums business.
                        David Smith
                        Managing Director
                        DPS Computing Limited

- New Site (10/2009)

Comment

The first step, you should have a workable business plan to develop a successful online business and you should learn how to get results and apply the techniques, you need to update your knowledge and skills as fast as the search engines changes their algorithm.

Comment

Originally posted by paul View Post
                            The first step, you should have a workable business plan to develop a successful online business and you should learn how to get results and apply the techniques, you need to update your knowledge and skills as fast as the search engines changes their algorithm.
                            So basically you will require a lot of time and effort .
                            David Smith
                            Managing Director
                            DPS Computing Limited

- New Site (10/2009)

Comment

Originally posted by DPS Computing View Post
                              So basically you will require a lot of time and effort .
                              Yes because "The ability to learn faster than your competitors may be only sustainable competitive advantage." - Arie de Geus

Comment

Working...
                              X