• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sb123
    started a topic For newbies: Online Business: TIPS

For newbies: Online Business: TIPS

Hello all:

This thread is for the newbies who needs to know ways of creating money online! A few tips here can help them lay the foundation for a successful career online. These are not scam tips where they will only lose their money. These tips are chosen to carefully guide them away from the bad side of the www, and move ahead.

So here is the first tip, a true story to inspire you about the income possibilities... this one is with Google Adsense:

One person set up a free online dating web site hosting and put Adsense ads on it. As the web site hosting was completely free and had a good content, thousands of visitors came to it. As all such sites require you to register, this person got the list of valuable future customers (more about the importance of the list later). Now, these visitors found great value on the web site hosting and they returned again and again. They also clicked on the Adsense ads which were well-targeted. Everyone profited... the visitors from a good free site, Adsense advertisers with sales, and the owner of the web site hosting got a great income from Google adsense.

So, this shows how you too can have a good web site hosting and start an income, this example shows an income with the help of Google Adsense.

Get inspired! Have a good website hosting - it doesn't cost much to have a good website hosting. Get a good host (you don't have to look far for a good host!), you'll get a good DotCom or any other TLD free with the hosting (Check which TLDs are free with the plan), plan really well and choose a good domain-name (this part is very important), design a good site, apply for Google Adsense after you have put up some good content, Keep the content unique and focused. Design the web site hosting really well. Try and stick to a well-targeted market. You can also get some free items (free eBooks that can be passed on to the visitors... you can write one yourself... there are plenty of contents & tips and tricks on your chosen topic available on the net. Gather them , rewrite them, and convert into a fine free eBook). Pass this free item to your visitors who register. for great products: there are many good Affiliate program where you can join free. Choose the product well. Again, stay close to your own theme - niche.

The Content Is The King! Remember this phrase always. Another important phrase is: The Money Is In The List!

Once your web site hosting is ready, there is much you can do to bring in traffic. Will come up with tips for that later!

Wishing you the best! Remember, these tips are very simple and easy. The hard part is fine-tuning your web site hosting with SEO, traffic building, staying above your competition, using the list, & changing with times! But, get started now. These tips may not bring you money immediately, but you can have the foundation for it. It also will help you build a niche web site hosting systematically (although a very simple one in the beginning), without confusion, with focus! Think of this first web site hosting as a learning experience. When you learn the basics well, you can always build more professional sites later.

=====

P.S.:
    Dear Moderator:
    Can this thread be shifted to "Online Business" topic please! Thank you very much
    Last edited by sb123; 13-12-2007, 19:31.

• Ben Stones
    replied
    Re: For newbies: Online Business: TIPS

Originally posted by paul View Post
    Google reader help a lot to get favorite content regularly which let you know as well the relevant sites from where the content is generated, this can help you for backlinking purpose as you can be able to track easily those relevant sites which are updated with new content.
    Speaking of Google Reader...

Leave a comment:

• lockhome12
    replied
    Adsense advice

Any advice on going about adsense the right way - everyone seems to be doing so well, am not sure what I am missing.. am happy to hear suggestions or links.

Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• loren09
    replied
    Thank you for the tips. This is great..

Leave a comment:

• Haywood015
    replied
    Thanks a lot

Leave a comment:

• steveduval
    replied
    Some good information on your post, I totally agree with you.

Like you said the money is in the list.
    Nice one

Steve

Leave a comment:

• harjos
    replied
    I like the phrase " Content is the king.". I have read this thread before somewhere already.

Leave a comment:

• seojulia
    replied
    Online Business: TIPS

Hi,

Great tips on online business. I am also running a business online, I can understand the need of traffic on a website. There are so may methods by which you can give your site more traffic. These are social community networking, PPC advertising, affiliate marketing, online marketing.

Besides it the on page factors and off page optimization are also the most important factors for making more traffic for a website.

Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• borakikay
    replied
    Hello everyone, i'm new here i already have experience in online business before, or online job. That is called TPC, i try this once, but i never continuous again. I think it was scam...
    If you want to try the online job or marketing, be make sure that this is not scam.. be wise...

Leave a comment:

• Airil88
    replied
    Thanks for the information. That will surely help people nowadays who are looking for some other ways to earn extra. Definitely, I will check on it.

Leave a comment:

• claytonc2
    replied
    Quick Fix

Hi,

Some great ideas on here for the long term. I just wanted to suggest something that could help bring some quick cash. It is not long term and is not a get rich quick scheme but it helped me to earn a few extra pounds which i used for my main business.

Leave a comment:

• homeonline
    replied
    well done..thank you for the tips..

Leave a comment:

• bsfweb
    replied
    Money in the list ?

Dear SB123

I own a small no. of websites, but I am still extremely green.

I enjoyed your little tale of good fortune, despite the subject matter of online dating not being in my top 1000 subjects (could it be something to do with being married 20 years?).

Anyway the story intrigued me.....I do a modest amount of Good Adsense (great name) and earn £350-£450 for my micro business a month.

However the thing I need enlightenment on today is

"Money in the List".

I understood 'Content is King' referring to Google's understandable obsession with relevancy etc. but what of the List and the Money. Could I ask you please to explain this to me (and any other forum visitors in the same predicament as I).

Leave a comment:

• paul
    replied
    I agree web presence is important for online business also customerís online experience can significantly influence future behavior.

Leave a comment:

• lfilipe
    replied
    Great tips.

If I learn something from my short experience online is that to have an online business you have to be prepared to learn the correct skills.
    First learning how to establish your presence online, understanding some of the business models that allow you to make money from the web.
    After creating your presence online you have to start to generate traffic to your site. People don't make money because they have a website, they make money because their website is found and visited at the web.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X