Alexa changed their ranking system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alexa changed their ranking system

Alexa ranking are changed and the ranking are now based on more sources of data to give a better indicator of website hosting popularity and more focused on to provide accurate ranking for all countries.
    Here's the official announcement;
    alexa.com/site/company/announcement

Nice & interesting.. but not enough revolutionary as a change in Google rankings would do
    Rock _a.k.a._ Jack Daniel

Follow eUKhost on Twitter || Join eUKhost Community on Facebook

Comment

Not sure but it look like to be good for a data-driven website hosting than a static site.

Comment

I've never really taken note of Alexa Rankings - I think Google all the way! There's no competition. :P

Comment

Originally posted by WelshTom View Post
          I've never really taken note of Alexa Rankings - I think Google all the way! There's no competition. :P
          Truly said... Google = #1 !!!
          Rock _a.k.a._ Jack Daniel

Follow eUKhost on Twitter || Join eUKhost Community on Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by Rock View Post
            Truly said... Google = #1 !!!
            That's quite obvious, everyone knows! just wondering who is no # 2 ??

Comment

Alexa ranking is actually useful for other reasons since you get an idea of how popular your site is relative to others which you can choose to compare against (like your competitors). The big downside is that you need to have a high traffic site to make the data statistically valid since it relies upon visitors having the Alexa toolbar installed so that Alexa can gather the required data.

I have used Alexa for this purpose when selling internet based businesses since you can use it to try and show how weak (or strong) your competition is.
              Purple mobile phones | Red mobile phones | Blue mobile phones | Bad credit mobile phones | PDA mobile phones | Broadband laptop deals | Recover deleted files | GU10 Leds | MR16 Leds | Oral B Professional Care 8500 | Maxi Cosi Priori XP | DW718 Mitre Saw

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy22 View Post
                Alexa ranking is actually useful for other reasons since you get an idea of how popular your site is relative to others which you can choose to compare against (like your competitors). The big downside is that you need to have a high traffic site to make the data statistically valid since it relies upon visitors having the Alexa toolbar installed so that Alexa can gather the required data.

I have used Alexa for this purpose when selling internet based businesses since you can use it to try and show how weak (or strong) your competition is.
                And the problem thats kind of holding Alexa back is the fact that most people are warned off it for "spyware / adware" reasons and anyone who does Spybot or Adaware scans normally has it removed after they install it!
                David Smith
                Managing Director
                DPS Computing Limited

- Massive update! (September 2011) - It's now not neglected!!
                - New Site (10/2009)

Comment

Originally posted by paul View Post
                  Alexa ranking are changed and the ranking are now based on more sources of data to give a better indicator of website hosting popularity and more focused on to provide accurate ranking for all countries.
                  Here's the official announcement;
                  You are awesome paul. I did notice something was up, but I wasn't sure what.
                  Cheers.
                  Tim .... providing business solutions ..... online fax

Comment

Working...
                  X