Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking to approach the right lawyers for my banking issues.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking to approach the right lawyers for my banking issues.

Hi everyone, I have been dealing with some serious issues with my bank and need to take this at a serious level. I was thinking on taking this on a legal way but feel that it is better if the things come down on a normal way. If I do opt to go for any legal steps please give me suggestions to approach the right people for this.

Hello,

How much money is involved? This is the first thing to consider before even thinking of legal action.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
      Hello,

How much money is involved? This is the first thing to consider before even thinking of legal action.
      Very true John - you want to evaluate your losses against your legal fees / other costs.

If you've lost 1,000 but your spending 2,000 in solicitors and court costs then theres no point in going down the legal route really. However it wouldn't stop you taking it through the civil route, which would be a lot cheaper. You can go to small claims I believe if the value is 2,500 (?) or under.
      David Smith
      Managing Director
      DPS Computing Limited

- Massive update! (September 2011) - It's now not neglected!!
      - New Site (10/2009)

Comment

Is that with your case only or many people have similar issue? I think you should contact your local police station to lodge a complain first.

Comment

Originally posted by paul View Post
          Is that with your case only or many people have similar issue? I think you should contact your local police station to lodge a complain first.
          Until we know whats happened though, we are unsure whether this is possible. It may not be a criminal issue.
          David Smith
          Managing Director
          DPS Computing Limited

- New Site (10/2009)

Comment

I'd advice having another bank account set up prior to taking action, as banks have been known to close people's accounts when legal action has been taken against them.
            To err is human, but to really screw up you need a computer.

Comment

Originally posted by Eidolon View Post
              I'd advice having another bank account set up prior to taking action, as banks have been known to close people's accounts when legal action has been taken against them.
              Very good advice - this is very true admid the whole "unlawful bank charge" cases that are currently going on. If they smell trouble there very likely to shut down your account and refuse to provide you one in the future.
              David Smith
              Managing Director
              DPS Computing Limited

- New Site (10/2009)

Comment

Originally posted by DPS Computing View Post
                Very good advice - this is very true admid the whole "unlawful bank charge" cases that are currently going on. If they smell trouble there very likely to shut down your account and refuse to provide you one in the future.
                Won't they provide the money back currently in that account?

Comment

Originally posted by Ben View Post
                  Won't they provide the money back currently in that account?
                  You ever tried getting money back off a bank?

Lets say its the same as trying to convince Iran to end its nuclear program, North Korea to renounce Communism and Cuba to start loving the USA .
                  David Smith
                  Managing Director
                  DPS Computing Limited

- New Site (10/2009)

Comment

Working...
                  X