Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Membership billing / Subscription

Hi,

I recently set up a fairly basic company and website just in my spare time.

I'm looking to install some sort of membership billing scheme on the site. So that users pay a monthly or perhaps an annual subscription.

I've read a bit about zencart and phpcoin. I've browsed a few commercial companies. And bottom line i'm still a bit confused and not sure what's best.

I figure I wouldn't be able to use most of the "cart" packages for a monthly billing setup?

Phpcoin looks like it's set up for reselling/hosting stuff. Although I did read some things about other uses. Has anyone else set it up for something similar to what i'm looking for?

And lastly with the commercial people looking after monthly billing i'm not sure it would be worthwhile. I may end up paying them more than I'd get from the site

Any advice or experiences would be much appreciated, thank-you.

edit: Also considering allowing people buy a years subscription like it's a tangible product, would that make it easier?
    Last edited by devsie; 05-01-2009, 00:33. Reason: forgetfulness :)

Hello,

Zen cart and PhpCoin are the third party softwares which are available through fantastico. And as they are free applications, so you won't be able to get them with fully featured options. That is they might be with few features or restricted access to their various facilities.

Hence, I would like to suggest you to go for licensed versions of billing softwares like WHMCS, Modern Bill etc. These billing softwares are most popular and widely used for various billing requirements. These are the softwares which are quiet user friendly and easy to use which will satisfies your all the billing requirements. Also you can try their demo version to get familiar with their various options.

Please feel free to visit their websites at below mentioned URLs.

WHMCS - The Complete Client Management, Billing & Support System and
    WHMCS - The Complete Client Management, Billing & Support System

Modern bill also has many features that are simply not available in other billing software, and which are mostly used and recommended.
    Regards,
    Victor Pankhurst,
    Support Team.

Comment

Thankyou.

I've had a look at WHMCS. Is that was ukhost use? :smile:
      If i was to get that would it then be possible to take credit card payments? Or would it be things like paypal/bank transfers as payment methods?

Thankyou.

Comment

you would need a merchant account from your bank to accept cards directly... or you can use other third party methods like PayPal, Nochex etc

WHMCS is good and it is what eukhost uses

Comment

Originally posted by devsie View Post
          Thankyou.

I've had a look at WHMCS. Is that was ukhost use? :smile:
          If i was to get that would it then be possible to take credit card payments? Or would it be things like paypal/bank transfers as payment methods?

Thankyou.
          You can use Google checkout in your WHMCS as there's no fee to signup for google checkout. Google Checkout charges only 1.5% of each transaction you receive and their fraud prevention system is far better than any other verification process you can think of.

You will need only a UK based or US based bank account and nothing else to signup for google checkout.
          eUKhost - eNlight Cloud Hosting || eUKhost Knowledgebase
          Toll Free : 0808 262 0255 || Skype : mark_ducadi

Comment

Working...
          X