No announcement yet.

online shop software

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

try checking this cart, i believe this has other payment options aside from paypal: shoppingcartelite.com

Comment

great info here, I've been looking for online shop software some days ago too.

Comment

Re: online shop software

OpenCart is also an extremely powerful shopping cart software. It offers with a large number of plugins to make the online shop more efficient. OpenCart has a large online community through which you can find answers to almost all the issues. It provides with a neat and clear administration panel that enables you to manage the products properly.

Comment

Quite a few e-commerce packages look for payment to get useful modules added. If considering osCommerce, then also consider osCmax, which has many modules already installed.
          Some of the less well established packages may well fall short of some functionality, so be careful not to spend too much time and effort, until you're certain that your chosen application will cater for your needs.
          You'll want a site that looks impressive for the customer, so consider how well the application can be modified via templates. In some cases, templates will modify the core software, which makes future upgrades very tricky.
          (Magento is for people with deep pockets i.e. a powerful server is required to get decent performance.)

EJ
          sigpicManaged osCmax hosting
          (I'm not social )

Comment

And what about zencart?

Comment

Originally posted by paul View Post
              And what about zencart?
              A quick perusal at zencart will show it to be a mid-way point between osCommerce and osCmax, though it is a different fork of the original project.
              Some people even provide a sample site for people to look!

To provide impartial information, then it should be mentioned that there are some online e-commerce packages that are integrated with hosting solutions. I have no intentions of mentioning who though.
              (I'm not social )

Comment

Originally posted by ejsolutions
                To provide impartial information, then it should be mentioned that there are some online e-commerce packages that are integrated with hosting solutions. I have no intentions of mentioning who though.
                Jee, I wonder...

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Stones View Post
                  Jee, I wonder...
                  Ahh, methinks that you have the wrong end of the stick. There are non-Open source, proprietary e-commerce packages, that are supplied with hosting. These offer 'instant' online stores, though limit customisation apart from visual aspects. These solutions are diametrically opposite to Open source packages that can be installed on any suitably specified hosting platform.
                  Last edited by ejsolutions; 10-07-2013, 10:38. Reason: typo
                  (I'm not social )

Comment

Originally posted by ejsolutions View Post
                    Ahh, methinks that you have the wrong end of the stick. There are non-Open source, proprietary e-commerce packages, that are supplied with hosting. These offer 'instant' online stores, though limit customisation apart from visual aspects. These solutions are diametrically opposite to Open source packages that can be installed on any suitable specified hosting platform.
                    Yeah, and those service providers have a chronic habit of locking you into 12 or 24 month contracts.

Comment

Originally posted by ReeceUK View Post
                      Yeah, and those service providers have a chronic habit of locking you into 12 or 24 month contracts.
                      Indeed!

[Excuse my previous typo.]
                      (I'm not social )

Comment

OSCommerce and Zen Cart are common E-commerce programs and hence they are available with All the A linux systemunix and Windows Distributed and Web host supplier offers. the set up of OSCommerce and Zen Cart will be simpler for you if you consider Plesk or cPanel cpanel.

Comment

Working...
                        X