Twitter and your business !

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Twitter and your business !

Guys, i love to twit at twitter and have seem many spammers roaming around with their business offers
    Well, now my question is do you find twitter beneficial for your business and how ?

Twitter is nice tools to reach different audiences, I am using twitter for getting referrals through my contacts for the products/services my company offer and for re-distribution of content & syndication.

Comment

Twitter and your business !

Twitter is okay as it does make the spread of information quick and painless. You do get people looking to add you just to spam their business. I personally don't use it often. Using Twitter to promote your biz is good when it comes to adding the contacts who are interested in your type of biz. I don't mind who adds me whatever their aim is - they may come to spam but may be interested in my biz.

Comment

I have made sales from tweets I have sent out however I don't believe that is the best way to use twitter, sending offer after offer just makes you look bad to everyone else like you said you come across as a spammer.

Twitter is a social medium, think of it like like an online party or cafe, when you are at a party you, don't go there to find a biz opp, or to buy something, you go there to socialize, vent and share cool stuff. That is what twitter is like also, so treat it like that.

I find I get better resuklts from twitter to use it to connect with others and share cool stuff and those people interested will visit my site anyways.

Comment

I have just started to Twitter. So far I have only come across other business like mine who are trying to get out there. I will continue to use it to ascertain if its worthwhile. Its very little effort a few times a day

Comment

You will see many of the companies have an account on Twitter, this would help you in branding your company, also if you want to give any update for the mass, twitter is the best for it

Comment

Google itself has 71 accounts in twitter and continuous striving for the deal with twitter to include tweets in search which indicate overwhelming response from twitter; googleblog.blogspot.com/2009/07/google-accounts-on-twitter.html

Comment

Originally posted by paul View Post
                Google itself has 71 accounts in twitter and continuous striving for the deal with twitter to include tweets in search which indicate overwhelming response from twitter; googleblog.blogspot.com/2009/07/google-accounts-on-twitter.html

hehe.. Glad to know that even Bib-G have multiple accounts at Twitter though all accounts are genuine are not meant for spamming .. lol

Comment

Originally posted by Evan View Post
                  hehe.. Glad to know that even Bib-G have multiple accounts at Twitter though all accounts are genuine are not meant for spamming .. lol
                  Those are corporate accounts to promote products and to engage customers/users, not for spamming hopefully. Twitter is going to launch paid business account to provide users "special layer of access" I hope many companies will shift their account to paid version. Let us see how this business model for the service will work.

Comment

I think it's useful for branding. If people who are interested in your products or services are following you then posting interesting things about your company can help. Spamming is always a problem with new ideas that take off like twitter has. I've heard they are looking for ways to prevent this, and hopefully they can.
                    Colocation
                    Managed Hosting

Comment

Originally posted by expo09 View Post
                      I think it's useful for branding. If people who are interested in your products or services are following you then posting interesting things about your company can help. Spamming is always a problem with new ideas that take off like twitter has. I've heard they are looking for ways to prevent this, and hopefully they can.
                      I think spammers indirectly do aid a company to develop better software's as the company makes a software considering the loop holes in the Older Versions which the spammers brings in front.

Actually, I feel the spammers are the ones who test the software's more however are not paid by the company, but, they make a complete use of the loop holes.
                      Best Regards,

Bryan Oscar
                      eUKhost - Web Hosting Solutions...!
                      http://www.eUKhost.com
                      Email : bryan [@] eUKhost.com
                      MSN : bryan [@] eUKhost.com
                      Toll Free : || Sales : 0808 262 0255 || Support : 0808 262 0455 || International : +44-1916-454-EUK

"All I know is that a customer I lose is a customer my competitors win ..!"
                      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Spamming in twitter has different scenario, the spammers are using twitter by responding to your @username, the first attempt should simply “block” them when they show up with spammy twits.

Comment

Will just blocking such users help to get rid of spams? Is there any other way to protect our profile being spammed?

Comment

Originally posted by Merrick View Post
                            Will just blocking such users help to get rid of spams? Is there any other way to protect our profile being spammed?
                            You can report twitter by a direct message to its spam account twitter.com/spam it's simple and effective method to flag spammers.

Comment

Originally posted by paul View Post
                              You can report twitter by a direct message to its spam account twitter.com/spam it's simple and effective method to flag spammers.
                              Ohh great!!!
                              I was not at all aware of Twitter's spam account. That is an easiest way to report indeed. Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                              X