Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it a good idea to have a Chatroom on your site?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree about the need for having the chat moderated. That can be very time-consuming. You have to ask yourself if having a chat area on your website offers benefits that outweigh the time or expense of constantly monitoring what's posted in the chat and therefore on your website.

Comment

Chat rooms do not seem to me to be a good idea for businesses. The free chat room services post advertising that is beyond your control and any advertisng on your website reflects on you. You could also run into an issue with ads that would compete with your business.

Comment

Originally posted by BizzyBlythe View Post
        Chat rooms do not seem to me to be a good idea for businesses. The free chat room services post advertising that is beyond your control and any advertisng on your website reflects on you. You could also run into an issue with ads that would compete with your business.
        It needn't be the case always. You can look for an open source Chat Script which can be embedded in the website.

You might want to refer the following URL to know a list of such scripts :

opensourcescripts.com/dir/php/chat.html

Comment

I can see how a website could benefit from a chat room. With social media being so successful, a chat room would cultivate participants who would tell others about your chat room and therefore your site.

Comment

Could you use a chat room as a platform for presenting webinars? You could use it as a regular chat room at other times, but webinars seem to be very useful marketing tools for businesses.

Comment

Working...
            X