Getting serlvet hosting working

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting serlvet hosting working

Hi guys, I've just signed up for hosting and was wondering if there was a faq or other document that describes where to put wars and web.xmls etc for getting servlets up and running with eUKhost ? I've submitted a support request as well but no response so far, any info would be appriciated!

Thanks,

James

Hello James,

Please let me know the Ticket #. I tried to locate the Ticket with your email addresses and the domain name but there was no information displayed in search results on our helpdesk.
    eUKhost - eNlight Cloud Hosting || eUKhost Knowledgebase
    Toll Free : 0808 262 0255 || Skype : mark_ducadi

Comment

It was #IVW-61117-333 (I assume thats the ticket number).

I have replied that response, I'm really after some clues as to how the shared tomcat instance is installed and where I should be putting my webapps so it'll pick them up.

Thanks,

James

Comment

Steven and Jason have already replied to that ticket. You have reopened it and Jason is working on it right now.
        eUKhost - eNlight Cloud Hosting || eUKhost Knowledgebase
        Toll Free : 0808 262 0255 || Skype : mark_ducadi

Comment

Greetings Mr James!

If the servlet is installed for your website hosting then you will see /public_html/WEB-INF/ folder under your account if its a linux cpanel server. You will have to upload the .war files there for your application. Once you upload it we just need to restart the tomcat service. and it will automatically deploy your application on server at /usr/local/jakarta/tomcat/webapps/ location and will run your application from there.

For your information the tomcat service will work for your domain only when it points to that server because its a name based service and not IP based.

You will get some more information about the tomcat server from http://64.38.39.58:8080/ for hosting of eUkhost.

Thank you.
          Regards,
          EukJason
          Http://www.eukhost.com/

Comment

Working...
          X