A little help please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A little help please

I have a backup of a sites database that i'm an admin at it was given to me by the sites owner it seems last week they tried to upgrade to VB 4.0 and never backed anything up and lost the site not only that they went and built a new site back on vb 3.8. what I need is a little help on how to extract the members list and there emails for they can contact there members and give them the new site addy. don't ask me how but when they built the new site the addy changed I told them do a redirect but I don't think they know how. I have notepad ++ to open the old dump.

Re: A little help please

Hi Joe,

I'm not sure whether I can understand what you're saying fully, but if you have purchased a website off someone else that also had vBulletin on it, and the previous owner is using vBulletin and the same list of users on a new website, make sure he has transferred the license to you as one vBulletin license permits you to install and use vBulletin on one website (essentially one installation per license).

You might want to check the following threads on the vBulletin website for help on exporting the members list:

https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/show...mbers-to-Excel

Export email addresses from db - vBulletin.org Forum
    Find us on Twitter and Facebook

Need to contact us?
    Customer Support: Client Area - 0800 862 0380 (option 2)
    Customer Relations: [email protected] - 0800 862 0380 (option 3)
    Sales: [email protected] - 0800 862 0380 (option 1)

The opinions or views expressed above are not necessarily the opinions or views of eUKhost Ltd.

Comment

I was able to get it thanks been

Comment

No problem Joe .
        Find us on Twitter and Facebook

Need to contact us?
        Customer Support: Client Area - 0800 862 0380 (option 2)
        Customer Relations: [email protected] - 0800 862 0380 (option 3)
        Sales: [email protected] - 0800 862 0380 (option 1)

The opinions or views expressed above are not necessarily the opinions or views of eUKhost Ltd.

Comment

now the headache of sending out 4200 emails lol. I was going to take them on as a client but there admins mess up there site way to many times a month to suit me, I don't need that kind of headache

Comment

ban-img
          Working...
          X