Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IMPORT option missing in MySQL PHPMyAdmin

Dear Sir,
    i have tried using phpmyadmin to admin the MySQL Server db but its missing import option. may be because its prety old version installed my hosting on one other server. have phpmyadmin 2.9.0 installed which let me browse and inport dump database.

Sir i am thinking to shift my website hostings from other webhosting company to yours. but the problem is that i have MySQL Server database large one i e arround 500-700 mb which can not be imported using phpmyadmin. what are other option.

Mysql Administrator is a client s/w for MySQL Server db management but i want to know what will be the server address for connecting that.

the website hosting is hosted on windows reseller plan.

Thanks
    Nishant

Originally posted by Niks007 View Post
    Dear Sir,
    i have tried using phpmyadmin to admin the MySQL Server db but its missing import option. may be because its prety old version installed my hosting on one other server. have phpmyadmin 2.9.0 installed which let me browse and inport dump database.

Sir i am thinking to shift my website hostings from other webhosting company to yours. but the problem is that i have MySQL Server database large one i e arround 500-700 mb which can not be imported using phpmyadmin. what are other option.

Mysql Administrator is a client s/w for MySQL Server db management but i want to know what will be the server address for connecting that.

Thanks
    Nishant
    Please open a ticket with support [at] eukhost.com. They will be able to assist you further as this problem may inncur the need of login details, which can't be specified on the forums. You will most likely recieve a reply from the Senior Systems Admin.

Comment

Dear Sir,

Thanks
      Nishant
      Your ticket has been replied.
      Martin
      Chief R & D Officer.

- -

Comment

Dear Sir,
        my requirement cannot be fullfilled with this old version of phpmyadmin. as the newer versions have import option which allows zipped file import upto 5mb so its quite convinient for me to upload the database. asking you wont help me as data is in parts.

phpmyadmin is a free s/w which can be easily upgraded. in fact the dump data is exported by phpmyadmin so other client s/w like MYSQL AB (Administrator) is not allowing to restore.

if you can suggest any client sw which can be usefull for dump file restore. then it will be great help.

Thanks
        Nishant

Comment

Dear Sir,
          my requirement cannot be fullfilled with this old version of phpmyadmin. as the newer versions have import option which allows zipped file import upto 5mb so its quite convinient for me to upload the database. asking you wont help me as data is in parts.

phpmyadmin is a free s/w which can be easily upgraded. in fact the dump data is exported by phpmyadmin so other client s/w like MYSQL AB (Administrator) is not allowing to restore.

if you can suggest any client sw which can be usefull for dump file restore. then it will be great help.

Thanks
          Nishant
          Please can you update your ticket with this. The forums aren't really a place for large scale support as Senior System Admins work through the helpdesk only.

Comment

PHPMyAdmin is installed by plesk control panel and most of its configuration are changed to make it work within the control panel. Hence upgrading it manually will rather create more problems.

Also as you have already mentioned that you database is over 500-700 MB, you will still not be able to upload data even if we upgrade.

There are number of effective FREE MySQL clients that can be used to connect the database remotely such as MySQL Yog or MYSQL front.
            And if every thing fails then you still have a option, which I also suggested in my reply to your ticket, is to upload the .SQL file on the server through FTP and we will restore the database for you from the command line.
            Last edited by eUK-Martin; 21-07-2007, 23:49.
            Martin
            Chief R & D Officer.

- -

Comment

If you select the SQL Server tab there is an import option there. This is how I import my databases into new sites/moved website hostings. The Plesk PhpMyAdmin is a little different to others but the same functions are available.
              http://shubox.net

Comment

Once you click on the database in PHPMyAdmin you will have an option as SQL in the tabs which will allow to import a .SQL file or write a SQL Server code.
                Martin
                Chief R & D Officer.

- -

Comment

If you select the SQL Server tab there is an import option there. This is how I import my databases into new sites/moved website hostings. The Plesk PhpMyAdmin is a little different to others but the same functions are available.

Comment

Working...
                  X