MySQL connect issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MySQL connect issues

Ok, not a very good start for a new customer this...

I've moved a forum from an old host, set up the database and user here, everything ok and as it should be. Can connect to phpmyadmin just fine. But changing the forum config with the new settings doesn't work. All I'm getting is Access Denied for user blah blah blah. User and password is correctly entered, only thing I'm not sure about is the database host. I believe it should be localhost, which I have entered. Can someone shed some light on what's going on here?

And why can't I login to check my support tickets?

Comment

Originally posted by arco68 View Post
      Ok, not a very good start for a new customer this...

I've moved a forum from an old host, set up the database and user here, everything ok and as it should be. Can connect to phpmyadmin just fine. But changing the forum config with the new settings doesn't work. All I'm getting is Access Denied for user blah blah blah. User and password is correctly entered, only thing I'm not sure about is the database host. I believe it should be localhost, which I have entered. Can someone shed some light on what's going on here?
      please check if you have assigned respective to database to the username you have created. people forget this small thing most of the times which is why you get such error.
      eUKhost - eNlight Cloud Hosting || eUKhost Knowledgebase
      Toll Free : 0808 262 0255 || Skype : mark_ducadi

Comment

Originally posted by arco68 View Post
        And why can't I login to check my support tickets?
        Our Helpdesk is hosted on a separate server and Billing system logins don't work for the helpdesk. You will need to create a new helpdesk account from eUKhost Helpdesk :: Shared Reseller VPS Hosting Dedicated Server Hosting Support to open a new ticket. You can simply email to support[@]eukhost.com if you don't wish to go through the helpdesk registration process.

Comment

I tried to fix problem with your forum, but failed to get into right direction. One of our support staff member has accepted your ticket and they will get back to you as soon as it gets sorted.

Comment

Feel free to experiment with the config and/or make new user for the database. I'll have to do everything all over again anyway since I have to keep the forum running on the old host until this is sorted.

Comment

Sorted. Quickly and professionally handled by support.

Comment

Working...
              X