Does PHPMyAdmin Log All the Actions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does PHPMyAdmin Log All the Actions?

I have few customers using PHPMyAdmin and for easily rectifying the mistakes and the changes in the table inserts, I was thinking whether PHPMyAdmin keeps a log file that holds the information about the activities carried out by the users using the program.

Are you aware of whether such a file exists, if yes then where is the file located?

Cheers

Originally posted by Phnx View Post
    I have few customers using PHPMyAdmin and for easily rectifying the mistakes and the changes in the table inserts, I was thinking whether PHPMyAdmin keeps a log file that holds the information about the activities carried out by the users using the program.

Are you aware of whether such a file exists, if yes then where is the file located?

Cheers
    Since release 3.3.x a tracking mechanism is available in PHPMyAdmin. The change tracking feature is a way to version control MySQL table structure and data, ie: It helps you to track every SQL command which is executed by phpMyAdmin. The mechanism supports logging of data manipulation and data definition statements..
    Rock _a.k.a._ Jack Daniel

Follow eUKhost on Twitter || Join eUKhost Community on Facebook

Comment

As far as I know, there does not exist a way for getting phpmyadmin to log each and every action by default, due to the basic fact that this would potentially generate a huge log on servers, also, it might miss many of the other changes made using some other means as well.

Though you should consider the suggestions given by rock. :smile:

Comment

Working...
      X