Can php pages have normal html

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can php pages have normal html

For a content management system that I want to use, I need to put php code into my website. My website is all HTML, CSS and a little bit of Javascript.

So I just want to make sure I got everything correct.

All I have to do is put the PHP code into my webpage. and then instead of saving the page has .html I save it has .php

Correct?

So all of the html and css will work the same way the only difference with my page is that it is .php right?

Thanks

Thats Correct.

Comment

Can php pages have normal html

Yes PHP page have the plain HTML tags. PHP uses HTML as the basic language so PHP is also written in the plain HTML .

Comment

Yes you can do it

Comment

:smile::frown:

Comment

yes it is......

Comment

I like how spammers post threads like these. It makes it too obvious.

Comment

Re: Can php pages have normal html

Just in case anyone finds this thread...

HTML, CSS and Javascript code can be embedded in PHP files. The code which is not visible to the end user is of course the PHP code, which is parsed by the PHP interpreter that resides on the server (e.g. your shared hosting account). PHP scripting code is nested in <?php ?> code blocks. For example:

PHP Code:
                <?php
                echo "<p>Hello world</p>";
                ?>
                This doesn't actually do anything particularly useful; it does something which you can do without PHP in standalone HTML files (static pages). PHP files are "dynamic pages", because what the end user sees on your website depends on what your application does and based on the actions of the user on your website. If they submit a login form, and your PHP application is created to check the values of data from the HTML form that was sent over to the server, and your application verifies the authenticity of the login details (e.g. through a database - MySQL, etc.) the "logged in user" may be presented with the member area which guests on your website (users who are not logged in) do not see. Your PHP application can be set to determine whether a user is logged in and is permitted access to the member area or not. These are "dynamic pages". This wouldn't be possible with HTML and CSS alone; which are the languages you use to structure and create the presentation/design of your website.

You can find a variety of PHP tutorials in our Programming and Web Development Tutorials forum.
                Find us on Twitter and Facebook

Need to contact us?
                Customer Support: Client Area - 0800 862 0380 (option 2)
                Customer Relations: [email protected] - 0800 862 0380 (option 3)
                Sales: [email protected] - 0800 862 0380 (option 1)

The opinions or views expressed above are not necessarily the opinions or views of eUKhost Ltd.

Comment

ban-img
                Working...
                X