PHPBB 3 is out

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PHPBB 3 is out

Just wondered if you guys are going to be adding it to Fantastico anytime soon? I've just started a new forum on my website hosting with no-one on as yet. Would be ideal time to upgrade it

My Bad.... It's not a stable release, but will be soon.
    Last edited by nams; 21-03-2007, 15:22. Reason: can't spell!

Fantastico is updated automatically. I'm sure it will be updated when they phpbb produce a stable release.
    Kind Regards,
    Matt
    Cheap Dr Who Toys | Dr Who News

Comment

Fantastico will include it only if they declare it as stable release. You will need to install it manually if you want it right now.

Fantastico is set to be updated automatically every night so there's nothing else to update in Fantastico.
      eUKhost - eNlight Cloud Hosting || eUKhost Knowledgebase
      Toll Free : 0808 262 0255 || Skype : mark_ducadi

Comment

do you mean phpbb3 rc1?

because ive had phpbb3 b5 for a while now, and it seems pretty stable to me...

Comment

But for it to be included in Fantastico it has to be declared a stable release by phpbb
          Kind Regards,
          Matt
          Cheap Dr Who Toys | Dr Who News

Comment

though he doesnt need it to be on fantastico, since he can just go to phpbb.com and download it, upload it to his server and install it...

Comment

And what will he do for upgrades in future ?

Fantastico has made everyone lazy as people want to install and upgrade in few seconds and no one would like to spend hours in downloading then giving proper permissions and editing config files and installation after that
              eUKhost - eNlight Cloud Hosting || eUKhost Knowledgebase
              Toll Free : 0808 262 0255 || Skype : mark_ducadi

Comment

Originally posted by eukhost.com View Post
                And what will he do for upgrades in future ?

Fantastico has made everyone lazy as people want to install and upgrade in few seconds and no one would like to spend hours in downloading then giving proper permissions and editing config files and installation after that
                phpbb3 has an upgrades feature in it, so basicaly u can upgrade using the control panel

Comment

Phpbb3 is good forum script.

Comment

Originally posted by izzetm View Post
                    Phpbb3 is good forum script.

yup it is, no offense to vb fans...dont get me wrong..i too like vb, but i preffer phpbb3, since its the best free forum,and is close in quality to vb

Comment

It's true most people are lazy these day's. Especially when you have to configure and test everything new. With constant updates it's better to wait for a upgrade link. Granted there will still be config but not as much.

I will try out the upgrade from control panel when I find it.

Comment

for some reason, my new phpbb3 installation is missing the topic sticky button, even though i did have phpbb3 b5 before my forum went down, and i used to be able to sticky topics...but not anymore, and its not a permissions thing.

Comment

are you sure u've uploaded the image? sometimes the ftp doesn't works and it doesn't uploads your images..already had that sometimes;.. hmm answer that question, i'll see what the problem must be..

Comment

Working...
                          X