On line email account set up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On line email account set up

Is it possible to set up a new email account on a domain online through a php script - bypassing the cpanel?

I would like to be able to offer an automated email sign up. Is this possible? Has anyone done it?

nope. It wont be easy to do so.

You will need root access to server or you will need to consider a VPS Hosting. cPanel adds entries of new email accounts in many different files so you will need to customize your script to use root credentials to input data in those files.
    eUKhost - eNlight Cloud Hosting || eUKhost Knowledgebase
    Toll Free : 0808 262 0255 || Skype : mark_ducadi

Comment

I think Google are currently offering a service that may achieve what you are planning. I believe that it is called "Gmail for my domain". I'll search around a bit and see if I can find a link to the article I read on it for you.

Edit: I believe that this link may interest you:

http://www.google.com/a/help/intl/en.../editions.html

Note the Gmail email accounts offered.

Comment

I think you'd need a domain name in order to get an email. But, I'm also a newb at these things. ^^"

Comment

Thanks for the replies

Thanks for the replies.
          I think the catch is the requirement for root access. I could produce the scripts to put info into any necessary files, but this might be a bit tedious.
          I don't want to use a third party provider such as google, as the rest of my website hostings (domains) are hosted on eukhost.
          Back to the drawing board, and I will continue to think through the process and think about the VPS Hosting route.
          Thanks
          Mike

Comment

I apologise - I do not think I correctly interpreted your original post.

However, I think that a script is currently in development enabling you to do as you ask. I'll have another search and will update you if I can find the script I have in mind. In the meantime, hotscripts.com may have something that would suit your requirements.

Comment

Originally posted by hairyfreak View Post
              I think Google are currently offering a service that may achieve what you are planning. I believe that it is called "Gmail for my domain". I'll search around a bit and see if I can find a link to the article I read on it for you.

Edit: I believe that this link may interest you:

http://www.google.com/a/help/intl/en.../editions.html

Note the Gmail email accounts offered.

Windows Live Hotmail is offering the same.

link: https://domains.live.com/default.aspx
              Last edited by todaytechnews; 18-04-2007, 21:48.

Comment

Working...
              X