PHP Mail Function Disabled

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PHP Mail Function Disabled

Can anybody help please? I have tried to send registration activation Emails, but it says mail not sent. I have now discovered that PHP Mail Function has been disabled and to change to SMTP. Problem is how do you do that?. Is it through the Admin Section of my php site. If it is then what are the settings? Or if I need a script where does it go, I am very frustrated as this part is holding me up in marketing the site
    Many Thanks for any help you can give me
    ozzie1010

Re: PHP Mail Function Disabled

Hi,

In order to help you could you let me know what application you are running on your website? For applications like WordPress, phpBB, vBulletin, etc. there are either plugins or built in settings to change how the application sends mail. For custom web applications, you'll need to change the source code for your application to use an SMTP library instead of the built-in mail() function for sending emails - see: PHP Mail Function Disabled on Shared Web Hosting

Kind regards,

Ben Stones
    Find us on Twitter and Facebook

Need to contact us?
    Customer Support: Client Area - 0800 862 0380 (option 2)
    Customer Relations: [email protected] - 0800 862 0380 (option 3)
    Sales: [email protected] - 0800 862 0380 (option 1)

The opinions or views expressed above are not necessarily the opinions or views of eUKhost Ltd.

Comment

Hi Ben,
      Thanks for replying sorry it has taken a few days I am running PHP Pro bid hope this helps can get into settings on admin of pro bid do you change it from there do you know/ If so what would the settings be for smtp host etc
      Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by ozzie1010 View Post
        Hi Ben,
        Thanks for replying sorry it has taken a few days I am running PHP Pro bid hope this helps can get into settings on admin of pro bid do you change it from there do you know/ If so what would the settings be for smtp host etc
        Thanks
        Hi,

No problem, easy fix here. Simply create an e-mail address within your control panel and then from the administrative area of PHP Pro Bid, go to: "Admin Email Address" from the "Site Setup" section and then to the right of "Choose Mailer" change it to "smtp". The page will refresh and you will need to enter the following details:

SMTP Host: localhost should work fine
        SMTP Port: 25 should work fine
        SMTP Username: the e-mail address you just created
        SMTP Password: the password for the newly-created e-mail address

Once you've entered this, press the link below the last field to send a test e-mail. If a problem occurs, change the SMTP Port to 465 and try again as it might be trying to send mail over SSL.

If you need any further help please do not hesitate to respond.

Kind regards,

Ben Stones.

Need to contact us?

The opinions or views expressed above are not necessarily the opinions or views of eUKhost Ltd.

Comment

Hi Ben,
          Set up new mail address and asked for test message this came opened up with the following
          Warning: ini_restore() has been disabled for security reasons in /home/chrisalc/public_html/includes/functions_smtp.php on line 96
          also Trying to send a test email to the site admin email through your SMTP server..
          Successfully connected to SMTP server.
          Command: HELO {www.sellit4.eu} => Result: 220-We do not authorize the use of this system to transport unsolicited,
          Command: auth login => Result: 220 and/or bulk e-mail.
          Command: get username => Result: 250 viking.eukhosting.net Hello localhost [127.0.0.1]
          Command: get password => Result: 503 AUTH command used when not advertised
          Command: MAIL FROM:[email protected] => Result: 500 unrecognized command
          Command: RCPT TO:[email protected] => Result: 500 unrecognized command
          Command: DATA => Result: 250 OK
          Command: RSET => Result: 550 Authentication failed
          Command: QUIT => Result:

Not sure what it means but received a blank mail on my computer I have set admin mail address as [email protected]
          and new mail address to send mail from as [email protected]. Can you help me where am I am going wrong?
          Many thanks for your help
          Chris

Comment

Hi Ben,
            Tried what you suggested made new mail address, does it have to be the same as admin email address in php pro bid?
            also when I look at the test mail results at the top it says - Warning: ini_restore() has been disabled for security reasons in /home/chrisalc/public_html/includes/functions_smtp.php on line 96.
            Also this is coming up as well
            Successfully connected to SMTP server.
            Command: HELO {www.sellit4.eu} => Result: 220-We do not authorize the use of this system to transport unsolicited,
            Command: auth login => Result: 220 and/or bulk e-mail.
            Command: get username => Result: 250 viking.eukhosting.net Hello localhost [127.0.0.1]
            Command: get password => Result: 503 AUTH command used when not advertised
            Command: MAIL FROM:[email protected] => Result: 500 unrecognized command
            Command: RCPT TO:[email protected] => Result: 500 unrecognized command
            Command: DATA => Result: 250 OK
            Command: RSET => Result: 550 Authentication failed
            Command: QUIT => Result:
            Can you help please?
            Ozzie

Comment

Hello,

I apolgoise that your posts were not automatically approved when you posted them. I have replied to your e-mail which I hope will resolve this problem for you.

Please do not hesitate to respond if there is anything else that I can assist you with.

Kind regards,

Ben Stones

Need to contact us?

Comment

ban-img
              Working...
              X