Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Access permissions

Hi Gang,

I have a PHP photo gallery web site hosting that I wrote but I seem to be having problems now that I have moved it over to EUKHosting..??

Part of the web site hosting allows me to create/delete folders and add/delete photos but I get Access denied warnings when I try and run this. Is there a setting via plesk that will allow remote browser write access...??

Thanks
    Ash

Does the main upload folder have the correct permissions set?
    S1TE - www.s1te.net

Comment

Not sure - When I go into plesk control panel it says I'm not allowed to change the settings.

Should I be doing it from the mian domain as this is a subdomain..?

Comment

If all the files are within the subdomain, then it would be the subdomains folders that would need the write permissions.

Usually this would be photos or upload in the example below

subdomainfolder/upload/photos
        S1TE - www.s1te.net

Comment

Ok Thanks but is there a setting to allow annonymous (ie web browser) access to have write/modify/delete access to that folder..?

Comment

Hi,
            This is usually done within the file manager or in your FTP software by right clicking the folder.

Site
            S1TE - www.s1te.net

Comment

Great - I don't know what I did but it now seems to work just perfectly.

Thanks
              Ash

Comment

Ah, Nice to see its all sorted

:smile:
                S1TE - www.s1te.net

Comment

To access set the permission of file by chmod command by 777 for all access to user, other,group can access that file. any permission you can set by by this command........
                  Last edited by Ben Stones; 06-08-2008, 07:37. Reason: spam links

Comment

Yep, 777 the relevant directory - beware though that this does open up your security a little more so do use it as sparingly as possible and only where necessary (i.e. don't go setting permission for your root to 777!)
                    David Smith
                    Managing Director
                    DPS Computing Limited

- Massive update! (September 2011) - It's now not neglected!!
                    - New Site (10/2009)

Comment

Working...
                    X