Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trouble installing e107 CMS

There's a typo in the title, its e107 CMS Hosting

ok, basically i wanted to try out this CMS as it seems to cover all the needs of a project i'm working on. However i've come upon a snag. I have copied the files over to my web server, however when it gets to a certain point no matter what i do i cannot get further.

I'm not a huge expert on web stuff so this is annoying as hell to me.

basically, i put in my ftp password etc and it logs into the ftp part fine, i put in all the details i want the CMS to know and they work fine. But when it comes to creating the actual database it says

Stage 7 - Finalising Installation

The installer could not select database: 'XXX'

MySQL Reported Error:
    Access denied for user 'wowfood'@'localhost' to database 'XXX'

If anyone has any idea what i'm doing wrong here feel free to tell me so as i can get this cms instaled :P
    Last edited by wowfood; 26-06-2008, 15:56.

Hello,

I suppose you have not created a database before installing the CMS. Just create a MySQL DB on the server and assign a user with "FULL PERMISSION" to it and then specify the details on the installation form. I suppose that should be it.
    Martin
    Chief R & D Officer.

- -

Comment

Look like you' have typed wrong mySQL user or password, make a new MySQL account and try to fix.

Comment

hope you got it sorted, give me a shout if you have any e107 probs - im running it on eukhost servers with no probs

you can check out my e107 plugins at my site too !
        jezza101

Comment

Working...
        X