going from _pconnect to _connect - modifying dreamweaver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• going from _pconnect to _connect - modifying dreamweaver

has anyone managed to make dreamweaver work, since everytime i try to add the connection and go on to select a database it gives me an error saying

mysql is not loaded or mysql_(p)connect is disabled

then i can't make any queries through its interface

any help is appreciated

Hi,

we have mysql_pconnect disabled on all our servers. You will need to use mysql_connect in your code.
    eUKhost - eNlight Cloud Hosting || eUKhost Knowledgebase
    Toll Free : 0808 262 0255 || Skype : mark_ducadi

Comment

yeah i gathered that. but do you know how to modify dreamweaver so that it uses _connect rather than _pconnect

atm i am not able to use dreamweaver to code my website hosting in php/mysql with your web hosting.

Comment

Originally posted by speedyss View Post
        yeah i gathered that. but do you know how to modify dreamweaver so that it uses _connect rather than _pconnect

atm i am not able to use dreamweaver to code my website hosting in php/mysql with your web hosting.
        Can you upload it on server with mysql_pconnect and then ask our staff to change pconnect to connect ?

I have no knowledge of Dreamweaver so you will need to wait till other members respond.
        eUKhost - eNlight Cloud Hosting || eUKhost Knowledgebase
        Toll Free : 0808 262 0255 || Skype : mark_ducadi

Comment

I don't use dreamweaver myself (PHPEdit suits me much better) but I believe dreamweaver uses HTTP to connect to a script on the server which then connects to the database. The script that it uploads to the server is located in C:\Program Files\Macromedia\Dreamweaver MX 2004\Configuration\Connections\Scripts\PHP_MySQL\_ mmDBScripts. There are two files mysql.php and MMHTTPDB.php. that you will need to edit this file to change pconnect to connect. That should do it
          David Allen - www.serina.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by DavidAllen View Post
            I don't use dreamweaver myself (PHPEdit suits me much better) but I believe dreamweaver uses HTTP to connect to a script on the server which then connects to the database. The script that it uploads to the server is located in C:\Program Files\Macromedia\Dreamweaver MX 2004\Configuration\Connections\Scripts\PHP_MySQL\_ mmDBScripts. There are two files mysql.php and MMHTTPDB.php. that you will need to edit this file to change pconnect to connect. That should do it
            Hi David,

Thanks a lot for your response. I am actually using CS3 which has slightly different file structure. I managed to find my way into the connections folder and changed every pconnect to connect in all files under the folder PHP_MYSQL - but there wasn't a pconnect in MMHTTPDB.php (i did a search in notepad).

Unfortunately, the problem still remains - dreamweaver is not able to connect to the database. Any ideas?

Comment

Hi - I think it uploads those files to your server - so perhaps it hasn't uploaded the ones you changed yet - try uploading the changed files manually. Or just delete the files on the server and recreate the connection in Dreamweaver and it should re-upload them for you
              David Allen - www.serina.co.uk

Comment

perfect, that works.

Thanks a LOT!

May be eukhost.com could put this in their knowledgebase, considering many people do use dreamweaver to program their web site hosting nowdays.

Comment

Working...
                X