Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to install APC, PECL on Windows Plesk

Hi All,

I want to install APC on eUkhosts windows server running Plesk control panel, but I do not know how to do this.
    It may already be installed but I do not know how to find out.

If anyone knows how or if APC can be installed, please let me know.

Thanks

Carl

Hi Carl,

APC [Alternative PHP Cache], as the name suggests is a PHP-PECL extension or a robust framework for caching and optimizing PHP intermediate code available for free rather open sourced Mostly all PECL extensions are installed by the Plesk control panel. But for installing/enabling the APC, you need to download the php_apc.dll DLL file from http://pecl4win.php.net/ & have it copied to the Plesk PHP's EXT folder & add the necessary configurations in the php.ini file.

Here's the complete procedure:

1) Download php_apc.dll from : http://pecl4win.php.net/list.php/5_2

2) Copy php_apc.dll to X:\Program Files\Parallels\Plesk\Additional\PleskPHP5\ext\

3) Add 'extension=php_apc.dll' in the Dynamic Extensions section of the php.ini found in X:\Program Files\Parallels\Plesk\Additional\PleskPHP5\

4) Add the following standard APC configuration in the end of php.ini:
    [APC]
    apc.cache_by_default = On
    apc.enable_cli = Off
    apc.enabled = On
    apc.file_update_protection = 2
    apc.filters =
    apc.ttl = 0
    apc.user_ttl = 0
    apc.gc_ttl = 3600
    apc.include_once_override = Off
    apc.max_file_size = 1M
    apc.mmap_file_mask =
    apc.num_files_hint = 1000
    apc.optimization = 0
    apc.report_autofilter = Off
    apc.shm_segments = 1
    apc.shm_size = 30
    apc.slam_defense = 0
    apc.stat = On
    apc.user_entries_hint = 100
    apc.write_lock = On
    apc.rfc1867 = Off
    5) Most important, don't forget to restart the web server for the changes to take effect..
    If you require any other such extensions, a full list of PECL packages can be found here & here. Good luck with it
    Rock _a.k.a._ Jack Daniel

Follow eUKhost on Twitter || Join eUKhost Community on Facebook

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

However, I do not know how to upload the php_apc.dll file to X:\Program Files\Parallels\Plesk\Additional\PleskPHP5\ext\

Is it something I can do or do you have to do it at your end at eUKhost? Also, if I can do it how do I get to that path as I cannot see anywhere in plesk that lets me do this.

Thanks

Carl

Comment

Originally posted by thomas88 View Post
        Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

However, I do not know how to upload the php_apc.dll file to X:\Program Files\Parallels\Plesk\Additional\PleskPHP5\ext\

Is it something I can do or do you have to do it at your end at eUKhost? Also, if I can do it how do I get to that path as I cannot see anywhere in plesk that lets me do this.

Thanks

Carl
        Hi Carl,
        My earlier reply was intended for installing APC on VPS/Semi-Dedicated or a Dedicated Server having Plesk, but I find that your account is hosted on one of our Windows shared servers, hence it won't be possible to install & enable APC on it. As this would result into a server wide change, it'd adversely affect some of our other clients hosted on the same box.

I'd recommend enabling the PECL module on our Windows VPS/Semi-Dedicated or a Dedicated Server packages along with Plesk control panel as it'd give you the additional features of installing your own software and applications along with complete Administrator control with Remote Desktop access thereby allowing total control over your hosting environment..

Comment

I tried to follow your instructions to install APC cache on my plesk server - but it seems the site to download the DLL file is offline. Do you have the file already, or know of a mirror where I can get php_apc.dll for PHP 5.2.3 and 5.2.6?

Comment

Originally posted by gungey View Post
            I tried to follow your instructions to install APC cache on my plesk server - but it seems the site to download the DLL file is offline. Do you have the file already, or know of a mirror where I can get php_apc.dll for PHP 5.2.3 and 5.2.6?
            Hi..Gungey, unfortunately the only standard site providing the php_apc DLL; pecl4win.php.net appears to be unavailable at the moment due to re-development. I'll get you a download link to one of my files, once I reach office or maybe I suggest you to hunt for it on Google in the meantime.. Good luck..

Comment

Originally posted by Rock View Post
              Hi..Gungey, unfortunately the only standard site providing the php_apc DLL; pecl4win.php.net appears to be unavailable at the moment due to re-development. I'll get you a download link to one of my files, once I reach office or maybe I suggest you to hunt for it on Google in the meantime.. Good luck..
              Here's a download link to the PHP APC DLL

Comment

Originally posted by Rock View Post

Hi Gunhey and Rock, I am loking for PHP 5.2.6 APC DLL, Do you still have? .... Thanks in advance, Cristian

Comment

Originally posted by Cristtian View Post

Hi Gunhey and Rock, I am loking for PHP 5.2.6 APC DLL, Do you still have? .... Thanks in advance, Cristian
                  Hi Cristtian!

They have stopped releasing APC for PHP 5.2.x & earlier versions.

You can find APC for PHP 5.3 & higher versions here: https://windows.php.net/downloads/pe...es/apc/3.1.11/ OR http://pecl.php.net/package/APC/3.1.13/windows

Comment

Great, thank you!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X