Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• immediate
    replied
    I'd go with wordpress. It has got one of the best templating systems, easy to develop with and fully documented. It's meant for a blogging platform but you can easily adapt it into other sites such as a cooperative article directory or a CSS gallery.

Leave a comment:

• DPS Computing
    replied
    Originally posted by eUKhost.com View Post
    hmmm.

I don't think he is the one who has put this review. He is still hosting with us and seems to be a happy customer. I will email him and ask him if that review was posted by him.
    Yes, I was thinking that this did look a bit suss (apart from the obvious non-acurate posting date of 1970!). The review is at HostRatings (co.uk).

A while back I had a similar false review placed over at Hosting Comments purported to be from me - although it wasn't as negative it was clearly not me (different style of language) plus the factual content such as sites I hosted / when I've been here since were also wrong.

It seems that somebody (or people) seem to take the names of active members of the community and then use them for impersonation on other websites.

Leave a comment:

• eUKhost.com
    replied
    Originally posted by DPS Computing View Post
    Where is he? I havent seen him for a while now...

Eeeek, it appears we might have had a not so good review of eUKhost from him - unless this is of course a forgery:

"
    Review Score: 3
    Date: Added: 01st, Jan, 1970
    Reviewed By: Dale Davies

These peole have had a whole servers worth of websites (including mine) offline now for over 48hrs and do not seem to be able toget their act together still.

This hosting company is not worth the saving, I have lost so much money through downtime and poor customer service!
    Read Full Review
    "
    hmmm.

I don't think he is the one who has put this review. He is still hosting with us and seems to be a happy customer. I will email him and ask him if that review was posted by him.

Leave a comment:

• DPS Computing
    replied
    daledavies.
    Where is he? I havent seen him for a while now...

Eeeek, it appears we might have had a not so good review of eUKhost from him - unless this is of course a forgery:

"
    Review Score: 3
    Date: Added: 01st, Jan, 1970
    Reviewed By: Dale Davies

These peole have had a whole servers worth of websites (including mine) offline now for over 48hrs and do not seem to be able toget their act together still.

This hosting company is not worth the saving, I have lost so much money through downtime and poor customer service!
    Read Full Review
    "

Leave a comment:

• eUKhost.com
    replied
    Originally posted by flesso View Post
    Any clues?
    daledavies.

Leave a comment:

• Gallier
    replied
    I've been using Textpattern for a site. Textpattern is a flexible, elegant and easy-to-use content management system. It is both free and open source.

textpattern.com

Leave a comment:

• eezee319
    replied
    But if you really want to get your hands dirty you could look at enterprise level platforms like TYPO3 & their upcoming FLOW3 framework. Very steep learning curve, but you can do pretty much anything with it (but then again if you can write PHP, that is true for any PHP based CMS).

Leave a comment:

• DPS Computing
    replied
    Originally posted by DavidAllen View Post
    I've been using WordPress for a site I'm doing and have been very impressed with it. It is so easy to customise without having to 'hack' core files.
    Definitely one to try.
    I second this point. Its especially useful for new users - while experienced users may be happy to "hack" away at the CMSs files many new users find this daunting and it puts them off.

Leave a comment:

• DavidAllen
    replied
    WordPress

I've been using WordPress for a site I'm doing and have been very impressed with it. It is so easy to customise without having to 'hack' core files.
    Definitely one to try.

Leave a comment:

• DPS Computing
    replied
    I vote for Wordpress too along with Josh and Mark.

After, over the years, using pretty much every CMS / blogging software in existence it also gets my vote. Very flexible, easy to set up, easy to modify, easy to do pretty much everything you could need it to. Loads of add ons, regular updates (which help security etc).

Wordpress is definitely not to be overlooked!

Leave a comment:

• Joshua
    replied
    Drupal is really a gud one as i check now, the Documentations which is really useful for Programmers which save their times.

Is there any more website providing these facilities..?

Leave a comment:

• Josh
    replied
    I have never tried Drupal, but Wordpress is something I've worked with for long time. Wordpress is flexible and you can do anything using wordpress.

We have a wordpress guru on this forum who posts once in a year. Can anyone guess?
    Any clues?

I'd highly recommend Wordpress for your requirements as the templating system used for Wordpress is so dynamic that the blogging platform can be used as a standalone CMS these days by using the pages module which comes as part of the application. Secondly you will find that the documentation for Wordpress is very comprehensive; anyone with a basic understanding of CSS and HTML can create a Wordpress template by referring to the documentation provided, honestly, they make it so easy for you! There are also many many free templates available and of course you can follow some of the free tutorials that can be found through Google.

Leave a comment:

• eUKhost.com
    replied
    I have never tried Drupal, but Wordpress is something I've worked with for long time. Wordpress is flexible and you can do anything using wordpress.

We have a wordpress guru on this forum who posts once in a year. Can anyone guess?

Leave a comment:

• shane
    replied
    Drupal gets my vote too!

Leave a comment:

• Ryan
    replied
    I second Drupal. Very easy installation and set-up, clean modular design for adding/removing functionality, lots of contributed modules and an active community of users.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X