Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rails and SVN Questions

Hi,

I am currrently hosted in the US but am looking for a UK based host for my Rails website hosting and development environment (TraceRoute tells me my users can get to you 10 times faster than my current host :eek: ). I hope you don't mind a few questions.

What version of Ruby on Rails do you currently install (I am dependant on features of 1.2+)?

Ideally I would like to have a Mongrel server siting over Apache 2.2. (Mongrel will handle the dynamic content, Apache the static stuff like images and CSS). Are you able to support this from, say, your Bronze package?

I have my own domain. I assume you have no problem with mapping this to this account.

I am also looking for an SVN / Trac environment. Do you support this; and if so, what charges might apply? (my current SVN repository is less than 100MB)

How do you handle the installation of GEMs? Can users install their own or do they have to be added centrally?

Many thanks in advance

Neil

FastCGI

Ooops!... I meant to add...

If the Mongrel option is not available do you support FastCGI scripting?

Neil

Comment

Hello Neil,

FastCGI is supported on our servers. I dont have much information about other requirements you mentioned so it would be better if you open a ticket from our helpdesk for our senior system admins to look into it. They will take some time to respond so you will need to wait till they get back to you.
      eUKhost - eNlight Cloud Hosting || eUKhost Knowledgebase
      Toll Free : 0808 262 0255 || Skype : mark_ducadi

Comment

Trac

Hi,

I'm also interested in a Trac/SVN setup myself, could you post the feedback from this post here? I have installed svn but not really played with it yet, if there was a trac install that you guys did at eukhost that would be excellent.

Thanks,
        Michael

Comment

Working...
        X