railslist.com - an open source craigslist script

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• railslist.com - an open source craigslist script

Today, I have successfully launched railslist classifieds: jobs, housing, personals, for sale, services and community, an open source
    craiglist style classifieds script.

It is named as such to reflect the fact that it has been developed using
    rails.

It will be released to open source community today.

In the meantime, i would appreciate if you could take time to have a
    look, play around and let me know any issues.

More features will be added as and when the community responds with
    their requirements.

This is my very first open source release, so please feel free to
    suggest me with your tips / tricks /warnings etc.

Regards

railslist classifieds: jobs, housing, personals, for sale, services and community
    for sale

Looks nice though some works appear still pending, I would suggest to add Spotlight Ads showing the latest posting and also include Safety Tips for buyer and sellers and create email alerts for those who are interested in getting latest updates about ad posting .

Comment

Originally posted by paul View Post
      Looks nice though some works appear still pending, I would suggest to add Spotlight Ads showing the latest posting and also include Safety Tips for buyer and sellers and create email alerts for those who are interested in getting latest updates about ad posting .
      That's a fantastic idea Paul. I'll add it to TO DO list. By the way, it is now available for download @ Classified Script

Soon, I will setup a forum and push it to github.

cheers
      for sale

Comment

The site looks interesting & quite similar to dmoz, but the work seems to be lacking colour. Adding some colours would light up the whole thing Good Luck !
        Rock _a.k.a._ Jack Daniel

Follow eUKhost on Twitter || Join eUKhost Community on Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by Rock View Post
          The site looks interesting & quite similar to dmoz, but the work seems to be lacking colour. Adding some colours would light up the whole thing Good Luck !
          Thanks Rock. Unfortunately, I lack color and visual idea . I am adding more features to it that will be released as v2.0. I will consider changing colors then.
          for sale

Comment

It is named as such to reflect the fact that it has been developed using
            rails.

It will be released to open source community today.

In the meantime, i would appreciate if you could take time to have a
            look, play around and let me know any issues.

More features will be added as and when the community responds with
            their requirements.

This is my very first open source release, so please feel free to
            suggest me with your tips / tricks /warnings etc.
            =========================================

I would like to get a copy of that script. I run several craigslist clones.

I'm having a problem with both in that the ads are taken but I never receive an activation email - even when posting from another computer - so I expect others would have the same experience.

I have resale rights on the seocnd clone bught on ebay - so if anyone wants it free I will provide the download. It looks just like my snetworks site but that too doesnt send activation emails or at least I'm not getting hem. Thanks MajorHart

Regards

Test test test test

Comment

This forum won't let me post any urls even if they are in a reply to a message you typed.

wHERE CAN i GET THIS SCRIPT TO TEST?

tHANKS Much [email protected]

Soon, I will setup a forum and push it to github.

cheers[/QUOTE]

Comment

Hi you can download the script at github

wiki.github.com/railslist/craigslist-clone/

railslist

thanks

with regard to sending activation emails using railslist, please ensure that your email settings @ config/environment.rb is correct. for example

#Email settings @ /config/environment.rb

ActionMailer::Base.smtp_settings = {
                :address => "mail.yourdomain.com",
                ort => 25,
                :domain => "http://www.yourdomain.com",
                :authentication => :login,
                :user_name => "[email protected]",
                assword => "yourpassword"
                }
                for sale

Comment

Really Looks nice. I have developed my classifieds scripts using AJ Classifieds scripts.

Comment

This particular project is for that of a grander purpose.

Cure AIDS Now (CAN) Foundation is undergoing clinical trails with
                    Google.org to release a non-toxic anti viral patch to cost-effectively
                    suppress HIV. The long term approach includes the solidification of a
                    $50B bond to distribute cure nebulizers with integrated IP addresses to
                    be linked with Google satellites. This will lead to the anonymous
                    identification and tracking of all those who suffer from HIV around the
                    World. Eventually leading to a meta-moment in which HIV/AIDS is
                    eradicated from Earth.

The overall goal is to eliminate the human immunodeficiency virus from
                    the human genome.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This particular gig is to deploy a Craigslist style website specifically
                    geared toward the HIV community. The main purpose for this subsidiary of
                    the CAN Foundation is to develop a perpetual can goods and fund drive
                    for the community.

Basic functionality should include 1) posts by location, 2) anonymously
                    generated private messaging and 3) event calendar -- exactly similar to
                    the functionality of Craigslist

Implementation of this project should be deployed in two phases:

Phase 1) Deploy RailsList
                    (https://github.com/railslist/craigslist-clone)
                    Phase 2) Enhance UI (Desired UI will be created in Photoshop and PSD's
                    will be sent over to you)
                    * Note: basically UI enhancements includes a colored background,
                    different placement of certain modules, and change in fonts -- pretty
                    simple enhancements.

Requirements:
                    1) Must be proficient with Ruby on Rails
                    2) Must provide your own stage/development hosting server
                    3) Must a very quick turnaround (phase 1 within 24 hours).

Deliverable:

Final website deployed/migrated onto a dedicated web hosting server.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This project is with Mr. Brando Bronzino - creator of the Rock & Roll
                    Hall of Fame and Mr. Lynn Luckow - founder of Craigslist.com

Upon successful completion of this gig, you are entitled to a position
                    on the Cure AIDS Now Foundation team as chief web master and 5% of
                    charitable funds.

Comment

ban-img
                    Working...
                    X